Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

bp1000

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jul 7, 2011
Had my 2011 13" MBA for just over a year now, never had a wifi connection problem, until now.

All of a sudden my MBA won't re-connect to wifi after it has been sleeping. More specifically, it completely looses my wifi from the preferred networks list.

Even turning wifi off and on doesn't make it re-appear. It wont connect even if i manually type the ssid (network not found).

I have to go through some voodoo cyrptic process of cycling the BT on and off whilst cycling wifi on and off until it finally decides to find my wifi network.

It finds all my neighbours networks fine so it's driving me nuts.

I can't see anything that has changed, no software updates recently. I've tried deleting the networking, renaming the SSID and re-adding but still no luck.

It doesnt happen with every wake from sleep, but i would say a good 60% - 70% of the time. I know wifi issues are discussed a lot but i simply can't understand why i have been using the mba fine for over a year and now it decides not to work when there have been no changes. iPhone, iPad other laptops all connecting fine and i've read other threads and tried their solutions. BT / new SSID, pram/smc reset etc.

:(

bp1000

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jul 7, 2011
I have just discovered, it's not even after sleep, it looses the wifi access pointing after a restart too.

donald.t

macrumors newbie
Nov 21, 2012
I had also faced the same problem sometimes, but my wifi got recovered after restarting the system.

bp1000

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jul 7, 2011
It seems that these ongoing wifi problem have no conclusive fix, no matter where you read.

I have had some success if it helps anyone.

In the uk wifi channels range from 1-13, I favour 13 as its normally less congested. It was the only change recently. I decided to try another channel, 11. Since switching to 11 I haven't had a single wifi drop after sleeping.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.