Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Desktops > Mac mini

Old Nov 21, 2012, 11:21 AM   #1
G0meZ
macrumors regular

screen 4 mac mini & memory

ok this question must've been asked before...but i couldn't find much in the search and there's no thread within this month or so....
now, what screens do you guys recommend for the latest mini baby...apart from apple's luxury model... and what screen are problematic...talking about 23-27"...without speakers i'd say unless there way above average...

also...how does the standard 4gb ram fare for the average user...u know, net, office, lil photo editing and so on on mtn lion?

thank you for feeding back.
G0meZ is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 21, 2012, 01:12 PM   #2
mjoshi123
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by G0meZ View Post
ok this question must've been asked before...but i couldn't find much in the search and there's no thread within this month or so....
now, what screens do you guys recommend for the latest mini baby...apart from apple's luxury model... and what screen are problematic...talking about 23-27"...without speakers i'd say unless there way above average...

also...how does the standard 4gb ram fare for the average user...u know, net, office, lil photo editing and so on on mtn lion?

thank you for feeding back.
I'm using Dell U23 IPS panel for photo editing purpose due to its color accuracy as well as non-glare screen. Apple screens are good but with glossy surface it could be tricky in some cases.

get this RAM from Amazon - 16GB is max allowed and it will help a lot with photo editing part
http://www.amazon.com/Corsair-Vengea...vengeance+16gb
Old Nov 21, 2012, 01:28 PM   #3
SuperRob
macrumors regular

I have my Mac mini hooked up to my old 37" 1080p Westinghouse TV. Works great. But there are lots of 1080p monitors you can get fairly cheap (the AOC models come to mind) that have small screen sizes and still have 1080p resolution. That would be a great way to go.

As for memory, the KomputerBay brand on Amazon.com is cheap and reliable.
SuperRob is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 23, 2012, 03:45 AM   #4
G0meZ
macrumors regular

thank yall
regarding memory: the 4gb that come with it are probably using up all the banks, right (how many are there, anyway?)?
if so, what did u do with those...selling them isn't probably too easy, is it?
G0meZ is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 24, 2012, 12:42 PM   #5
MrXiro
macrumors 68020

Quote:
Originally Posted by G0meZ View Post
thank yall
regarding memory: the 4gb that come with it are probably using up all the banks, right (how many are there, anyway?)?
if so, what did u do with those...selling them isn't probably too easy, is it?
Bought 3 monitors in search of a good one. Finally settled on the Dell s2340m. It looks as good as my old IMac but not quite as big and the screen is plastic. But it beats the crap out of the S2440l I had bought before it and the view sonic I bought that had light bleed at the edges.

The S2340m has DVI and VGA only but was also only 149.99 at best buy last week.

Also bought the 16gb Corsair Vengeance RAM from amazon for 58 bucks. A was getting major pinwheel with Handbrake on 8gb

Last edited by MrXiro; Nov 24, 2012 at 12:58 PM.
MrXiro is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Desktops > Mac mini