Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Special Interests > Visual Media > Digital Video

Old Nov 21, 2012, 09:14 PM   #1
Anonymous Freak
macrumors 601

iMovie no longer imports AVCHD on Mountain Lion? Claims non-Intel computer!

Alright, so I have a mid 2009 iMac (the first Aluminum model, Core 2 Duo,) and since upgrading to Mountain Lion, iMovie '11 (9.0.8) refuses to import AVCHD video off my camcorder's SD card, claiming I need an Intel Core Duo (!) or higher!

"About this Mac" happily reports that I have a Core 2 Duo, and obviously Mountain Lion (or even just-plain-Lion for that matter) wouldn't even install on a Core Duo, as both require a Core 2 Duo.

Has anyone run in to this, and if so, how did you fix it?

One note, I *HAVE* upgraded the CPU to a faster one than was stock (2.6 GHz up from the stock 2.0 GHz,) but it is still a Core 2 Duo, and reports as a Core 2 Duo just fine. (I have also upgraded the RAM and hard drive.)

20" Aluminum iMac 7,1 (mid-2007, Santa Rosa,) upgraded to 2.6 GHz Penryn, 6 GB RAM, 1 TB HD, 4 TB total external hard drive
Anonymous Freak is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Special Interests > Visual Media > Digital Video

Tags
avchd, error, imovie, import