Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone

Old Nov 23, 2012, 08:50 AM   #51
1080p
macrumors 65816

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdarling View Post
Hate to tell you... but... Liquid Metal usually looks more like pewter or a satin finish. See the LM golf club below:

Attachment 379196

Since it's a metal alloy with plastic characteristics, a more accurate name would've been "Plastic Metal", but that doesn't have the same sexy Terminator feeling.

Uh... Apple has always made their SIM ejector tools out of Liquid Metal and they are mirror like.
Old Nov 23, 2012, 09:10 AM   #52
meistervu
macrumors 6502a

Impossible to say because Apple is still in business and there will be many other designs. It is not like an athlete whose performance will surely decline over the year.

But even so far, I prefer the 5 to my 4 which is heavier, thicker, more slippery, less comfortable to hold, too shinny.
meistervu is offline   2 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 23, 2012, 09:11 AM   #53
jalamanta
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by akdj View Post
Wow, how incredibly wrong you are. Obviously you've never seen, held or actually 'used' the iPhone 5. Lol.

Sorry...but you really, truly annoy me. And you tend to pop up in every 'new' product query...as you own EVERY device Apple has ever released...only to put them on the shelf cause they're no good. I'd think you'd learn. Or stick with a 2009 MBP, because that's the iconic design and pinnacle of performance.
Obviously? Are you using telekinesis to say stuff like that? I used it.

As for your annoyance, don't be so sensitive. Maybe you need a hug?
jalamanta is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 23, 2012, 09:18 AM   #54
macingman
macrumors 68020

I love my 4S and have no plans nor desire to upgrade any time soon, so in my view, yes, the 4S is the best. It ain't no slug in terms of performance by any means either, even at today's standard. Probably due to Apple's excellent hardware-software development.
Old Nov 23, 2012, 05:56 PM   #55
Cripps
macrumors regular

Another silly question.
Cripps is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 23, 2012, 06:22 PM   #56
Trius
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by jalamanta View Post
Obviously? Are you using telekinesis to say stuff like that? I used it.

As for your annoyance, don't be so sensitive. Maybe you need a hug?
You sound awfully defensive for a comment that was made about someone else... ixodes wouldn't be your trolling alter ego would it?
Trius is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 23, 2012, 06:30 PM   #57
irDigital0l
macrumors 68030

iPhone 4 design is way better than iPhone 3G design

iPhone 5 design is way better than iPhone 4 design
irDigital0l is offline   2 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 23, 2012, 06:50 PM   #58
Skika
macrumors 68000

iPhone 5 is the pinnacle of Apple design.

It is absolutely stunning.

Both white and black have something really special about them.

And once you held an iPhone 5 in your hand you can really see what all the fuss is about.

But each has its own taste, for me the iP5 is drop dead gorgeous.
Old Nov 23, 2012, 11:38 PM   #59
Roofy.
macrumors 6502a

I remember when the 4 came out and I got it, I thought they couldn't top the design. Even over a year later with the 4S I still thought the same. Then I got the 5 and completely disagree. The 5 is the best design yet.

I still think the 4 is the biggest change in design and the first design that really changed the look of the iPhone, but the 5 takes that idea and completely tops it.
Old Nov 24, 2012, 12:26 AM   #60
Ungibbed
macrumors 6502

Send a message via AIM to Ungibbed Send a message via Yahoo to Ungibbed
Having both a 4S and a Galaxy S3, I've considered the iPhone 5 but really am not crazy about its design and odd screen resolution. The best part of it all was the new Apple Ear Pods which I use with my 4S and despite technical issues, my Galaxy S3 as well.

I loved the insane build quality of the original iPhone. It had a nice feel and weight to it that really felt like a true premium device. Now looking rather dated along with the 3G and 3GS. The design of the iPhone 4 / 4S is great aside from the sharp edges and rather fragile design of the "glass sandwich".

Had Apple improvised on its design by possibly rounding the glass edge surrounding the entire phone, it would feel much better in the hand to me. A simple beveled edge to avoid the sharp easy to crack corners if it was ever dropped.

I'm no hater of the iPhone 5, but not a big fan of it either.
Old Nov 24, 2012, 02:43 AM   #61
Brettka7
macrumors regular

The 5 only looks so good because it looks like the first gen.

Aggression, in its most elegant form.
Brettka7 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 24, 2012, 03:05 AM   #62
modthispny
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by wc17 View Post
The people that criticize the iPhone 5 design are those that have not used it for a good period of time.

If you use it for more then just 5 minutes you'd realize it the best iPhone made to date. No question.
+1

the iphone 5 aesthetic design is superior to any other iphone.
modthispny is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 24, 2012, 03:49 AM   #63
KristinaWilson
macrumors newbie

see vendor information in user profile
IPHONE 4s IS THE PEAK OF APPLE'S PHONE DESIGN

No, not at all in my opinion peak is called when we have iPhone 6 or 7 with reducing the space on the iPhone. So, that they can increase the screen's length and breadth.I can't say much about 4s as it also has the same wastage area like iPhone5.
KristinaWilson is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 24, 2012, 04:17 AM   #64
chambone
macrumors 6502a

One has to wonder why anyone would consider the model that's by far the most likely to shatter something when dropped, the pinnacle of Apple's phone designs.
chambone is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 24, 2012, 07:50 AM   #65
inselstudent
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by chambone View Post
One has to wonder why anyone would consider the model that's by far the most likely to shatter something when dropped, the pinnacle of Apple's phone designs.
I

Have you ever owned an iPhone 4? I've dropped mine countless times accidentally, on concrete, on stone, on wood, and it's still scratch-free and basically in mint condition (if it weren't for the ****ing home button, but I suppose that happens with all physical buttons on any phone after a certain period of time).
inselstudent is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 26, 2012, 02:22 AM   #66
indiekicks
macrumors member

Hmm... I don't know. The glass back and mirrored front of my mom's 4 is certainly beautiful, though it looks far more susceptible to damage. Better design than the 5?

I can't say. I don't think I'd have minded if they'd stuck with the glass back this time around but the aluminum is still a very worthy successor.
indiekicks is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 26, 2012, 02:32 AM   #67
hyteckit

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1080p View Post
iPhone Liquid Metal Concept

I like it.

Just replace the connector with the new lightning connector.

----------

My preference.

iPhone 4/4S > iPhone 5 > iPhone 1 > iPhone 3G/3GS

Hmm... my white galaxy note 2 is a lot like the iPhone 3G/3GS.
hyteckit is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 26, 2012, 02:44 AM   #68
F123D
macrumors 68040

Up until now, the iPhone 4 is still the best looking phone IMO.
Old Nov 26, 2012, 11:13 AM   #69
Sedrick
macrumors 68030

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skika View Post
iPhone 5 is the pinnacle of Apple design.

It is absolutely stunning.

Both white and black have something really special about them.

And once you held an iPhone 5 in your hand you can really see what all the fuss is about.

But each has its own taste, for me the iP5 is drop dead gorgeous.
No argument there, but there's also no arguing that the 5 is a heck of a lot more fragile than previous models, so it's a wash.
Old Nov 26, 2012, 11:32 AM   #70
pnoyblazed
macrumors 6502a

the 3G/3GS design was/is a lot more comfortable than that of the iPhone 4/4S/5
pnoyblazed is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 26, 2012, 11:44 AM   #71
retinarob
macrumors regular

My SO has a 4S and it feels cheap after owning the 5 for a few months, in my opinion.
retinarob is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 26, 2012, 11:47 AM   #72
BRyken
macrumors 6502

I like the iPhone 5 more than the rest I think. I really like them going back to the original aluminum back but this time its even better, especially in black.
Old Nov 26, 2012, 02:40 PM   #73
MGCP
macrumors member

I had a i4s, now have an i5. I do like the look of the i5 but I'm already finding it more prone to wear and tear after just 4 weeks. It's such a shame, but I think Apple pushed it too far, they made a great looking device without caring too much about the real world use of these devices. I would've been happy with a thinner 4s if they could've kept the same metal, it could take a beating and still look good, my i5 is looking worn already and gets treated just the same.
MGCP is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 26, 2012, 03:07 PM   #74
mac00l
macrumors 6502

Design wise, the iPhone 4 is one of the most beautifully designed devices ever. But it is uncomfortable to use as hell, it feels like a brick in your hands.

The iPhone 5 is a beautiful device, but not as eye catching as the iPhone 4 when released. In the other hand the i5 is a pleasure to use. Naked tend to be awesome within room temperature, but with cold or heat it is less comfortable. Nonetheless it is so thin, that you can fit a nice case to isolate the temperature-prone back, and it simply rocks.

Bottomline:

iPhone 4 will be considered a milestone in technology design when looking back at history.
iPhone 5 is not revolutionary in a visually sense, tho the unibody design is a massive step ahead.

From a consumer stand point. The iPhone 5 is a joy to use. And for me that is all that matters.
Old Nov 26, 2012, 03:13 PM   #75
ShaneWarne
macrumors newbie

I agree with the thread starter.

iphone 4S design was way better than iphone 5. The thing I hate about iphone 5's design is its very tall design. The thing which makes it look very tall is the face that nothing has been added to the width, rather only length has been increases, which to me looks very awkward.

They should have added width as well, which would have made iphone 5 look a better designed handset.

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone

Tags
apple, design, iphone, iphone 4s, iphone 5