Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPad > iPad Accessories

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old Nov 22, 2012, 12:54 AM   #1
MacDadd3
macrumors newbie
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Heads up deal on apple smart covers

Hey guys just a heads up if anyone is looking for a smart covers specially the leather ones, amazon has them at 30 and 33.95 for the leather ones and I got best buy to price match them from my amazon app. The polyurethane ones range from 15-20. I got the red leather for 33 so price match!!
MacDadd3 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 22, 2012, 11:33 AM   #2
daytona
macrumors member
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by MacDadd3 View Post
Hey guys just a heads up if anyone is looking for a smart covers specially the leather ones, amazon has them at 30 and 33.95 for the leather ones and I got best buy to price match them from my amazon app. The polyurethane ones range from 15-20. I got the red leather for 33 so price match!!
Any links to help all out?
daytona is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 23, 2012, 01:07 PM   #3
yourtoys7
macrumors 6502
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
For the mini or reg. iPad?
__________________
iPhone5S (Westone UM2), iTV x 2, (late 2012/ 2014), Macbook Pro Retina 15" 8/ 256 (April 27/ 2014)
yourtoys7 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 23, 2012, 03:03 PM   #4
MacDadd3
Thread Starter
macrumors newbie
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
http://www.amazon.com/Apple-Smart-Co...er+Smart+Cover

For ipad 2-4. Just show them this on your iPhone because it ships from amazon and is stated produced by apple they have to price match it.
MacDadd3 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 24, 2012, 10:50 PM   #5
DashSatan
macrumors 6502
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Look at reviews. They all say they're fake.
DashSatan is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 25, 2012, 07:42 AM   #6
daytona
macrumors member
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Here is what I finally decided to purchase. Bright Red - - won't have a hard time finding it ;o)
rooCASE Dual-View Multi Angle Genuine (Red) Leather Case
daytona is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 26, 2012, 01:29 AM   #7
MacDadd3
Thread Starter
macrumors newbie
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
The point wasn't to buy from amazon...

I posted that you should get best buy to price match that way you are sure you are getting an apple product...
MacDadd3 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 26, 2012, 04:48 AM   #8
CD3660
macrumors 68030
 
CD3660's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Cheshire, United Kingdom.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MacDadd3 View Post
The point wasn't to buy from amazon...

I posted that you should get best buy to price match that way you are sure you are getting an apple product...
Price match a counterfeit product's price and supply the genuine article? I don't think so!
__________________
13" MBP i7/8/256
11" MBA i7/8/256
iPad 3 (3G) + iPad Mini (Cellular)
iPhone 5
CD3660 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 26, 2012, 10:48 AM   #9
davideotape
macrumors 6502
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
aahhhhaaa so i pulled the trigger on one of these without reading the reviews (because I already knew what it was and had one before, not considering that it could be a scam on Amazon). the reviews should be based on the merchant specifically though, correct? a review or two mentioned the specific merchants and they weren't mine, who has a 98% score. I guess I'll find out tomorrow when it gets here.
__________________
'13 15" MBPr; '13 11"MBA; iPhone 5; iPad Mini
davideotape is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 26, 2012, 11:44 AM   #10
glen e
macrumors 68030
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Ft Lauderdale
I ordered this one and have been using it for a week now. It is identical in every way to my genuine 2 year old grey poly cover from apple, except it is a bit lighter shade than the genuine cover. Made well, it's a good buy. It even has the mini lettering on the inside like the apple one, that says "designed in us, made in china" or whatever the original lettering is.

Is it fake?

probably

Do I care?

no

http://www.amazon.com/Apple-iPad-Pol...f=pd_sim_pc_20

Last edited by glen e; Nov 26, 2012 at 12:10 PM.
glen e is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 28, 2012, 01:37 PM   #11
MacDadd3
Thread Starter
macrumors newbie
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Ok I'm not sure I'm getting the point across. I'm going to attempt to paint a picture.

Ok so price matching works like this typically stores that Match amazon prices require that the item ship from amazon and be the exact product. In order to very that its the exact product all they check is either the barcode or that the produc listed on amazon is made by Apple. Which my link provides both of those.

Whether its a counterfeit that's on amazon.com not the consumer. Therefore, you scan the barcode on your amazon app which shows up the link I posted. You show that which based on amazons site is shipped by amazon and is made by apple.

Best buy then has to price match it because amazon lists it with the same UPC code. Then you receive a genuine apple Smart Cover for the cheap price at best buy.

Is this technically ethically wrong? Maybe but so is amazon for listing a counterfeit product as an original product no?

Hope this helps I wasn't trying to fool anyone just showing a way that you can make sure you get an official Smart Cover for the amazon price listed like I did.
MacDadd3 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 28, 2012, 07:00 PM   #12
davideotape
macrumors 6502
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Well if you're aware they're fake it's disingenuous at the very least. I wouldnt do it personally but whatever, it's Best Buy not your flesh and blood.

Anyway, I got mine from Amazon. It wasn't in a case which is superweird and maybe used? but I put it side by side with my non-leather Smart Cover and I really don't see a difference at all. Down to the type of metal on the side, the code on the metal, the designed by apple California made in china whatever, and the quality of the build. Whatever, if its fake its fake. It works and seems made just as we'll as Apples.
__________________
'13 15" MBPr; '13 11"MBA; iPhone 5; iPad Mini
davideotape is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 30, 2012, 02:07 PM   #13
MrXiro
macrumors 68020
 
MrXiro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Los Angeles
Quote:
Originally Posted by MacDadd3 View Post
Ok I'm not sure I'm getting the point across. I'm going to attempt to paint a picture.

Ok so price matching works like this typically stores that Match amazon prices require that the item ship from amazon and be the exact product. In order to very that its the exact product all they check is either the barcode or that the produc listed on amazon is made by Apple. Which my link provides both of those.

Whether its a counterfeit that's on amazon.com not the consumer. Therefore, you scan the barcode on your amazon app which shows up the link I posted. You show that which based on amazons site is shipped by amazon and is made by apple.

Best buy then has to price match it because amazon lists it with the same UPC code. Then you receive a genuine apple Smart Cover for the cheap price at best buy.

Is this technically ethically wrong? Maybe but so is amazon for listing a counterfeit product as an original product no?

Hope this helps I wasn't trying to fool anyone just showing a way that you can make sure you get an official Smart Cover for the amazon price listed like I did.
Unless you get an inept register person they ONLY pricematch "SOLD BY AMAZON" prices. All the sellers on your link are 3rd party sellers and Best Buy won't match it according to their policy.

If you get them to match one then they broke their own rule. But good luck trying (Not being sarcastic)!
__________________
Whole lotta Apples, very little $.
MrXiro is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 1, 2012, 01:11 AM   #14
MacDadd3
Thread Starter
macrumors newbie
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
MrXIRO

it says "fulfilled by amazon"

Manager rang me up and I've price matched plenty of things, as long as its amazon fulfilled it works.
MacDadd3 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 1, 2012, 10:54 PM   #15
mcdj
macrumors 603
 
mcdj's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: NYC
In a few years when Best Buy goes the way of circuit city, you guys will be sorry you used loopholes to weasel a few dollars out of them, and that there's no more b+m stores to test drive your tech goodies before buying them online.
__________________
Great cage! No bird...
50f/2
mcdj is offline   0 Reply With Quote

Reply
MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPad > iPad Accessories

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Similar Threads
thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
iPad: Anyone know of a Cyber Monday deal for Smart Covers? palebluedot iPad Accessories 2 Dec 2, 2013 08:47 PM
iPad Mini: iPad Mini Apple Smart Covers - the same? Young Turk iPad Accessories 3 Nov 12, 2013 04:38 PM
Apple's Smart Covers and Smart Cases Updated for New iPads MacRumors iOS Blog Discussion 25 Oct 23, 2013 01:26 PM
iPad: Apple Original smart covers for $13.99 shipped!! bigboar iPad Accessories 21 Nov 12, 2012 11:25 PM
iPad Mini: Are any stores besides apple selling the mini smart covers? Jacoblee23 iPad 1 Nov 6, 2012 01:03 PM

Forum Jump

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:33 PM.

Mac Rumors | Mac | iPhone | iPhone Game Reviews | iPhone Apps

Mobile Version | Fixed | Fluid | Fluid HD
Copyright 2002-2013, MacRumors.com, LLC