Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPad

Old Nov 22, 2012, 01:26 AM   #1
Jacoblee23
macrumors 6502

$60.00 off iPad 4 and iPad 2 live on Bestbuy.com now.

Pretty solid deal.
Old Nov 22, 2012, 01:29 AM   #2
thadoggfather
macrumors 68030

Very solid deal.

I wonder how it can be that the 4 has had lots of deals so far since its brand new. Demand lower than supply it seems

Will these frequent deals drive down the resell price of 4 (as well as 3, though 3 will probably be sold for almost as much as 4 I'd imagine)? Haven't been looking around the market much

Too bad they don't slash the mini just a bit
thadoggfather is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 22, 2012, 01:34 AM   #3
Jacoblee23
macrumors 6502

I JUST bought a perfect condition open box iPad 4 tonight. I could have waited and saved 25 bucks. Oh well.

----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by thadoggfather View Post
Very solid deal.

I wonder how it can be that the 4 has had lots of deals so far since its brand new. Demand lower than supply it seems

Will these frequent deals drive down the resell price of 4 (as well as 3, though 3 will probably be sold for almost as much as 4 I'd imagine)? Haven't been looking around the market much

Too bad they don't slash the mini just a bit
I just don't think it's selling quite as well due to the short time span in between the 3 and 4. I don't think though that resell value will be effected at all. Resale value for the 3 though is getting worse everyday and people who want to get rid of their 3 should ASAP in my opinion.
Jacoblee23 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 22, 2012, 01:36 AM   #4
thadoggfather
macrumors 68030

Honestly if the $25 hurts that much (which I'm not downplaying, money is money and I love getting a good deal on toys like no other) order the same configuration, if it's just as good quality or better keep it? If the open box is better condition (which can happen, QC on Apple stuff seems to be a crapshoot as was my experience with iPad3 and iPhone 5 but seems alright on iPad mini 2 for 2 so far) just accept you paid a bit more for that extra condition and screen quality. Sort of whack, but I'd gladly pay a bit more for a "good copy" as we say with camera lenses

----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacoblee23 View Post
Resale value for the 3 though is getting worse everyday and people who want to get rid of their 3 should ASAP in my opinion.
If that is the case, maybe I'll entirely rule out selling off my iPad3 now while in a "which to keep between mini and 3 if not both dilemma." That iPad3 was too much trouble to get an acceptable one. I can't just sell my lost time/gas off that easily without some sort of remorse beyond that that I already have.
Old Nov 22, 2012, 01:38 AM   #5
Jacoblee23
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by thadoggfather View Post
Honestly if the $25 hurts that much (which I'm not downplaying, money is money and I love getting a good deal on toys like no other) order the same configuration, if it's just as good quality or better keep it? If the open box is better condition (which can happen, QC on Apple stuff seems to be a crapshoot as was my experience with iPad3 and iPhone 5 but seems alright on iPad mini 2 for 2 so far) just accept you paid a bit more for that extra condition and screen quality. Sort of whack, but I'd gladly pay a bit more for a "good copy" as we say with camera lenses
I rather not mess with a return and the plastic on the lightning cable and charger was still on this iPad, so I don't think it was used much at all. I have a ton of apps, so I rather not go through the hassle of waiting an eternity on iCloud to restore everything again lol. I'm still waiting now actually.
Jacoblee23 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 22, 2012, 01:40 AM   #6
thadoggfather
macrumors 68030

Fair enough enjoy what already sounds like a good deal

Open box went well for me too. Got to compare two open boxes and pick the better one (and tried many new-in-box before then at a different store).

I wish I could pay "OCD tax" to inspect a couple and take the best of the litter before committing instead of buying returning buying feeling like a weirdo which I probably am but it's my money and my product I'm gonna be staring at endlessly so WTH. And QC is a mythical idea for most things these days so that doesn't help much.
Old Nov 22, 2012, 02:15 AM   #7
maclook
macrumors 65816

It's strange how I've seen 0 deals for the iPad Mini. There are plenty of sales on iPad 4s (Best Buy's is the best I think) and iPods but nothing for the Mini.
maclook is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 22, 2012, 03:43 AM   #8
Peter K.
macrumors member

Extra $100 Off Available!

I just checked this out on BestBuy.com; what I found is that they are also offering an additional $100 discount if you purchase a qualifying mobile hotspot. I've been thinking of doing this anyway, but not just yet. I am torn.
Peter K. is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 22, 2012, 03:56 AM   #9
Creibold
macrumors regular

Got one.

I'm in. Needed to get the wife one for Christmas and this is the best deal I can find. $470.00 shipped with tax included is not to bad.

I still have a bad taste ordering anything over $200 from this company though. I'm hoping it's all for the best. I've been burned by best buy "customer service" before.
Old Nov 22, 2012, 05:25 AM   #10
steve dave
macrumors 6502a

I got in on this deal Monday and received it yesterday. It is the best deal I think you are going to see on new iPads this season.

And there are no deals on minis for the same reason there are no deals on the iPhone 5. They already can't keep any stock for them, a sale is unless.

----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter K. View Post
I just checked this out on BestBuy.com; what I found is that they are also offering an additional $100 discount if you purchase a qualifying mobile hotspot. I've been thinking of doing this anyway, but not just yet. I am torn.
Remember that hotspot plans are much more expensive than a plan to use your phone as a hotspot (usually $30 vs $50 per month). You also have to sign a 2-year contract for it so you are stuck with that bill. It really probably isn't worth the small savings up front.
steve dave is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 22, 2012, 07:46 AM   #11
CaneCollegeboy
macrumors regular

Yea thats a great deal, you wont find this type of deal unless you go stand in line for the midnight deals. Instead just order now from the comfort of your home and relax.

Im just so torn on this 4th gen since i have a nagging gut feeling the 5th with re-design and better battery are around the corner (spring)
CaneCollegeboy is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 22, 2012, 08:04 AM   #12
doodads
macrumors 6502

I just ordered a black 32GB wifi unit. This deal is about $18 more than the Target deal (if you use the Target Red Card), but I will get Reward Zone points, AMEX points, and an extra year warranty through AMEX by paying with my AMEX card.

The only downside for me was that standard shipping was the only shipping method available. It will be delivered between 11/29 and 12/4. I will be out of town from 11/30 through 12/11. But I can live with it.
doodads is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 22, 2012, 08:09 AM   #13
steve dave
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by doodads View Post
I just ordered a black 32GB wifi unit. This deal is about $18 more than the Target deal (if you use the Target Red Card), but I will get Reward Zone points, AMEX points, and an extra year warranty through AMEX by paying with my AMEX card.

The only downside for me was that standard shipping was the only shipping method available. It will be delivered between 11/29 and 12/4. I will be out of town from 11/30 through 12/11. But I can live with it.
And you are actually getting money off the price, not a gift card.
steve dave is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 22, 2012, 08:21 AM   #14
hypobid
macrumors newbie

I'm in for one :-) $458.58 out the door. Not sure if this deal can be beat!
hypobid is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 22, 2012, 08:29 AM   #15
aziatiklover
macrumors 68020

I thought the deal was for the ipad 3?!
Old Nov 22, 2012, 08:33 AM   #16
hypobid
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by aziatiklover View Post
I just double checked my Best Buy order. The model number on the order is MD510LL/A. As far as I know, this is, in fact, the 4th generation iPad model number.
hypobid is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 22, 2012, 08:41 AM   #17
steve dave
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by aziatiklover View Post
No it is for the 2 and 4. Yesterday's was on the 3. I am typing this in the 4 I got Monday through this deal.
steve dave is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 22, 2012, 08:47 AM   #18
aziatiklover
macrumors 68020

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve dave View Post
No it is for the 2 and 4. Yesterday's was on the 3. I am typing this in the 4 I got Monday through this deal.
Ya i just checked and you are right i got confused with yesterday deal!
Old Nov 22, 2012, 10:24 AM   #19
doodads
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve dave View Post
And you are actually getting money off the price, not a gift card.
I got money off and not a gift card.
doodads is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 22, 2012, 10:44 AM   #20
Wediafom
macrumors member

Do you think we will see the same deal for after Christmas sale?
Wediafom is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 22, 2012, 10:46 AM   #21
brdwygurl
macrumors regular

Looks like everything except the 64gb is sold out. I had been waiting to upgrade my iPad 2 so I got one this morning
brdwygurl is offline   2 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 22, 2012, 11:02 AM   #22
Kon33
macrumors newbie

Thanks for the heads up. Ordered this morning to replace my Ipad 2.
Kon33 is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 22, 2012, 01:06 PM   #23
KingArthurVI
macrumors regular

Anyone knows if this $60 off iPad 4 deal will be available in stores at 12am?
iPad (4th generation) Wi-Fi, 16GB black
KingArthurVI is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 22, 2012, 01:17 PM   #24
chdwil
macrumors regular

They sold out fast this morning, although I picked up a 32gb white it said sold out. I exited out and returned and it was in stock again, some orders must have cancelled. It looks like they are all sold out now.
chdwil is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 22, 2012, 01:17 PM   #25
aneftp
macrumors 68040

Seems to me as though Apple will probably permanently lower the iPad 4 to $399 in 6 months altogether.

I have never seen brand new generations (iPad 4) discounted across all the major retailers like this.

Apple is smart in responding to competetion.
aneftp is offline   1 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPad