Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

smithfield11

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 4, 2012
Does anyone think Apple could do a crazy thursday release just to screw with everyone. End up in the awful situation of paying full price and order today to get one first or order one tomorrow with discount but may push dispatch times backe 4 weeks+

"bad guy apple"

omenatarhuri

macrumors 6502a
Feb 9, 2010
I'm a bit worried Apple will miss the holiday season. It's almost december and you can't even preorder/order these badboys. :confused:

Wouldn't it have made more sense to launch these devices when they actually have something to sell? Now nobody buys iMacs for like 3 months.

Mic2904

macrumors 6502a
Mar 22, 2011
I'm a bit worried Apple will miss the holiday season. It's almost december and you can't even preorder/order these badboys. :confused:

Wouldn't it have made more sense to launch these devices when they actually have something to sell? Now nobody buys iMacs for like 3 months.

I am very honest here: i am waiting for an Imac as well, but give a flying "...." About Black/cyber Friday or whatever. I have my money sitting here and buying an imac is not depending on tomorrows day.

IGregory

macrumors 6502a
Aug 5, 2012
Does anyone think Apple could do a crazy thursday release just to screw with everyone. End up in the awful situation of paying full price and order today to get one first or order one tomorrow with discount but may push dispatch times backe 4 weeks+

"bad guy apple"

Reasonable people are having turkey today.

Grockel

macrumors member
Nov 13, 2012
Devon, UK
I'm in the same boat.

Money sat in the bank since february, waiting for them to be released.

After nearly 10 months wait a few more weeks isn't really a problem for me.

I'd rather they took a month longer and launched a reliable product with good quality control.

However, it would be nice to have a degree of confidence when they say 'November' or 'December'. I'd really like to have a 27" with upgrades delivered before Xmas, however that is looking increasingly unlikely I feel.

IGregory

macrumors 6502a
Aug 5, 2012

"bad guy apple"

Reasonable people are with their family and stuffing themselves on turkey today. Today, would be a good day off from the shop.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.