Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone

Old Nov 24, 2012, 07:44 AM   #1
aznguyen316
macrumors 68000

Activating Verizon iPhone 5 (unactivated & unopened)

Hey guys, quick question after doing a few hours of googling, not quite sure on the answer. Here's the situation:

Buddy of mine pays for his family's phone bills. His parents use dumbphones and they do not care for using their upgrades. Long story short, he went to Best Buy and used one of their upgrades to purchase a new iPhone 5 subsidized to give to me. The Best Buy guy knew what he wanted to do, so he did not have the phone activated - basically it's brand new sealed in box and he shipped the brand new phone to me. His mom's line was untouched, just the upgrade was used and 2 year contract extended, that's it.

So I'm just wondering if I can just go online when I get the unopened Verizon iPhone 5 and enter the ESN and then the phone (and nano sim) will be set up to my line? I'm currently on a Razr M LTE which I have a microSIM. I assume the iP5 includes a nano sim in box that will automatically get registered to me?

From reading, here's what it looks like what I should do. Don't turn on the phone. Login to Verizonwireless.com, do the activate new device. Enter the MEID. After that I can enter the sim card # (ICCID). Both found on the outside of the box. And all should be good.. Thoughts?

Thanks for any help!

Last edited by aznguyen316; Nov 24, 2012 at 08:02 AM.
aznguyen316 is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone