Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > News and Article Discussion > MacRumors.com News Discussion

Old Nov 26, 2012, 02:02 PM   #126
somethingelsefl
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by iLLUMI View Post
As per my previous post, this is ONLY in America. Australia doesn't have a Black Friday. In fact no other country in the world has anything like this event.
Just because Apple have kindly extended the specials to the rest of the world doesnt mean that all of a sudden every single other retailer in Australia and NZ is suddenly celebrating Black Friday. Sheesh! In fact virtually no one over here knows what it is or is aware that it is occurring today.
I fully understood your post. No other country has anything like this event? I just hope you come back on here when Japan does their "Lucky Bag" promotion and spout out how terrible Japanese consumerism is and how Apple is terrible there, too. Then come back and say the same thing about China's "Red Envelope" promotion....etc, etc, etc, etc. Many countries have their own version of "consumer madness" day they just call it something different. It's ridiculous to start attacking the USA for something that other countries do, but just have a different history behind it.

----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by djdover View Post
You need to read about different cultures before critisizing other. Black Friday is an American thing. It follows Thanksgiving, an American celebration. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Black_F...%28shopping%29

Apple and other retailers have extended Black Friday sales to other countries because it's good for business. But you'll notice it's not called Black Friday sales elsewhere. Also, AU and NZ only recieved the sales first because we live in an earlier time zone (+0800/+1000) compared to USofA. Same as why we get iOS devices first and companies like iFixIt come to Australia to buy a device on launch days/nights.
You're kidding, right? You must think everyone on MR has never traveled outside of their iPads and iMacs. You fell off the deep end and completely went off topic.

Come back and give me the Wikipedia links for Japan's "Lucky Bags" promotions, China's "Red Envelope" promotions, etc. Then tell me about the concept of a "Black Friday" is uniquely American . Every country has their own version of 'consumer madness' and Apple is happy to oblige.

It's foolish to attack the USA for doing something that many other countries also do.
somethingelsefl is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 28, 2012, 07:28 PM   #127
talmy
macrumors 68040

Quote:
Originally Posted by talmy View Post
Went to online store to buy a couple of iPads on BF sale (plus 5% Discovercard discount) and the the Cart is FUBAR.
Following up on my experience -- it took about a half an hour but my order (actually for two engraved iPod touches) went through, and they arrived yesterday -- in two business days! It appears that they did a free upgrade to overnight delivery and shipped them on Monday even though they claim 3-5 days processing.

MacRumors Forums > News and Article Discussion > MacRumors.com News Discussion