Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Special Interests > Visual Media > Design and Graphics

Old Nov 22, 2012, 05:08 AM   #1
irishgrizzly
macrumors 65816

Movie Maker animations

I've been asked to work on an animation presentation project. Normally I'd work in Flash and export as mp4 if needed. Because the project is associated with Microsoft, I've been asked to use Movie Maker only. Is this feasible? I've never used it. The animation would only involve flat vector graphics, no film clip footage/bitmaps.

I looked at the features of Movie Maker "time line narration, effects, audio track, transitions, titles and credits", and these seem suited to just manipulation of film clips. Is there an alterative that Microsoft produces?
irishgrizzly is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 22, 2012, 04:09 PM   #2
12dylan34
macrumors 6502a

Not that I know of. Windows Movie Maker is considerably less functional than iMovie, and even iMovie doesn't let you do animation past Ken Burns and the like. I might look at something called Microsoft Photo Story, though it's not likely that would work.

A very interesting request, though. It doesn't seem like they know what they're taking about, unless I'm misunderstanding the situation. It's like being asked to give someone a haircut with a spoon.
12dylan34 is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Special Interests > Visual Media > Design and Graphics