Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Applications > Mac Applications and Mac App Store

Old Nov 22, 2012, 02:01 PM   #1
phr33k
macrumors newbie

Update appearing in Mac App Store for a Game I have never seen

Hi,

First time poster long time reader. Four weeks ago I converted to a macbook air 11" i7 8gb 128gig and I can honestly say, its the best tech decision I have ever made.

However today I noticed something odd. I recently added my credit card to my itunes account and have made 1 small purchase so far. In the update tab, there is an update for Nyan Cat: Lost in Space game, I have never seen this game before in my life. Did a thorough search of my comp and found no trace of it. Checked my credit card and have no trace of any purchases.

Anybody know why this is appearing in my update tab on the Mac App Store?

Thanks in advance.

Edit: this is my only apple device
phr33k is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 22, 2012, 02:04 PM   #2
nuckinfutz
macrumors 603

Contact iTunes support. You want to make sure it's not an hacked account and someone testing a small cheap purchase on your account.
nuckinfutz is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 22, 2012, 02:08 PM   #3
phr33k
macrumors newbie

ok thanks for your help. what is the best way to contact them?
Old Nov 22, 2012, 02:16 PM   #4
aaronvan
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by phr33k View Post
ok thanks for your help. what is the best way to contact them?
Right here:
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	grab.jpg
Views:	25
Size:	516.5 KB
ID:	379127  
Old Nov 22, 2012, 03:06 PM   #5
phr33k
macrumors newbie

excellent. I also changed my passwords and de-authorised all computers associated with my account.

So how do I actually remove this update from the mac app store? As there is nothing to actually update, and it costs 5!

MacRumors Forums > Apple Applications > Mac Applications and Mac App Store