Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jojoba

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Dec 9, 2011
There are various apps on sale now, I've summarised some of them here.

Given the Black Friday sales, several apps have been reduced at the app store. Here are some that might be of interest for academic work, or for productivity more generally:

Several Readdle apps are on sale, including PDF Expert which is a great app for pdf annotation. It has a wide range of features and syncs with DropBox. In addition, Remarks, Printer Pro and Calendars have reduced price tags.

If you like DevonThink, its iPad counterpart has been reduced. While this app is very slim on features compared to the mac version, it's still useful if you want to sync some of your database with your iPad.

MagicalPad, an app for outlining and taking meeting notes, is 60% off.

DocsToGo, which is one of my main apps for reading Microsoft Office documents on the iPad, is 40% off.

Finally, Outline+ has been significantly reduced to one dollar. This app syncs with Microsoft OneNote, but can also be used as a stand alone app. Developers promise a mac version soon.

Add to this thread if you know of other good apps with a reduced price tag :)

Last edited:

nuckinfutz

macrumors 603
Jul 3, 2002
Middle Earth
If you are a guitar player two solid ones went on sale.

JamUp Pro -$5 (down from twenty)
AnyTune HQ - $5 (down from twenty I think)

Menneisyys2

macrumors 603
Jun 7, 2011
FiLMiC Pro ( https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/filmic-pro/id436577167?mt=8 ), which has received a major update with the last, 3.0.0 update, is currently offered for free. It's certainly worth getting it for free.

Note that the successor, FiLMiC Pro 2 ( https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/filmic-pro-2/id555853307?mt=8 ), has completely removed 30+ fps support in the latest (1.2) update released the day before yesterday. This means you in no way should purchase it if you need 30+ fps, even if you have an iPhone 4S running iOS 5.x. It'll be removed from the AppStore.

jojoba

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Dec 9, 2011
So, I've made a new list here with apps on Christmas sale. Some of the good ones this time include iAnnotate, Daedalus, xPlan, Outline+ and TaskPaper.

Any other recommendations for useful apps on sale?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.