Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone

Old Nov 23, 2012, 08:26 AM   #1
ben1390
macrumors newbie

Contacts created on iPhone not syncing with iCloud

Hi All,

I'm a recent convert to the world of Apple and have got myself an iPhone 5 however I have encountered a problem, when I create a contact on my iPhone it won't sync with iCloud but if I create the contact on iCloud it will sync correctly with my iPhone.

I have tried turning the Contacts off and then back on in the iCloud settings and running a manual iCloud backup from my iPhone but to no avail.

Can anyone help me with this issue please?

Thanks in advance
ben1390 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 23, 2012, 08:34 AM   #2
Kelcoshows
macrumors newbie

Go to settings, Mail,Contacts,Calenders, scroll to Contacts and check your default account settings in there. I had a similar problem and mine was set to Outlook (as thats how I used to sync prior to iCloud).
Kelcoshows is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 23, 2012, 08:47 AM   #3
ben1390
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelcoshows View Post
Go to settings, Mail,Contacts,Calenders, scroll to Contacts and check your default account settings in there. I had a similar problem and mine was set to Outlook (as thats how I used to sync prior to iCloud).
Hi Kelcoshows,

Thank you for your fast reply,

I have now changed this to iCloud and ran another manual iCloud backup but again to no avail. Any other ideas?

Edit: I've done some more digging and it seems there are two separate contact groups, once called iCloud and one which is my name. Is there a way of moving all the contacts to under the iCloud "umbrella"?

Thanks in advance

Last edited by ben1390; Nov 23, 2012 at 08:56 AM.
ben1390 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 24, 2012, 06:04 AM   #4
Kelcoshows
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ben1390 View Post
Hi Kelcoshows,

Thank you for your fast reply,

I have now changed this to iCloud and ran another manual iCloud backup but again to no avail. Any other ideas?

Edit: I've done some more digging and it seems there are two separate contact groups, once called iCloud and one which is my name. Is there a way of moving all the contacts to under the iCloud "umbrella"?

Thanks in advance
I'm not sure how to move a contact from one group to another. Changing that setting just means future contacts get saved to iCloud. Maybe if you made an amendment to a contact not in iCloud in would then move it to iCloud on the re save?
Kelcoshows is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone