Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac

Old Dec 4, 2012, 07:01 AM   #1
timli41
macrumors newbie

Help Please! MBPr boot camp Mac partition can't be used!

I'm using a MacBook Pro retina, I used boot camp to play PC games and install softwares.
But recently I used EaseUS partition manager trying to increase the partition space, but I think I accidentally deleted the Macintosh HD partition. And now I can't open Mac partition on my MBPr . Everytime I restart the computer, it would show a grey screen,
Grey Screen
Then it would just show this screen, asking me to choose an OS to start,
Choose OS
And it would just open the Windows Boot Camp partition.
But when I click into my computer, you can clearly see the Mac partition there with all the things inside (you can even take things from it)
Mac Partition
And here's a shot of how the partition manager looked(ignore Disk 2, that's my phone)
Partition Manager
I want to know why is this happening and is there anyway to fix it? Or do I need to bring it back to Apple Store?Plz help!!I beg for your help!!

Last edited by timli41; Dec 4, 2012 at 07:13 AM. Reason: Unable to show image
timli41 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 28, 2012, 12:04 AM   #2
Edie Brickell
macrumors member

It seems to be a volume corruption case as your Macintosh HD is visible but you are not able to start your Mac. You need to pull out your drive and attach it with some working Mac and repair your Volume. When the volume get repaired and mounted you can easily start your Mac with Macintosh HD. Good Luck and use a Volume Repair Tool which can be helpful.
Edie Brickell is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac