Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Apple TV and Home Theater

Old Nov 23, 2012, 10:04 AM   #1
qwimjim
macrumors regular

Hide watched/seen? Most recently played?

Two things that bug me about Apple TV, will jailbreaking give me these options?

1. I wish there was a menu for "recently played", where a list of the last 5 or 10 videos i watched that did not complete could be accessed quickly.. regardless of which device I use. I hate having to drill down though 4-5 menus to find the episode I started watching yesterday but never finished.

2. I wish there was a setting to hide shows or movies that have already been watched so they don't clutter up the list.
qwimjim is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 23, 2012, 10:38 AM   #2
MarkG21
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by qwimjim View Post
Two things that bug me about Apple TV, will jailbreaking give me these options?

1. I wish there was a menu for "recently played", where a list of the last 5 or 10 videos i watched that did not complete could be accessed quickly.. regardless of which device I use. I hate having to drill down though 4-5 menus to find the episode I started watching yesterday but never finished.

2. I wish there was a setting to hide shows or movies that have already been watched so they don't clutter up the list.
This isn't ideal but it is a work around...

Create a smart playlist in itunes,

Create the following rules:

1. "Last Played" ---> "In the last" ---> "X" ---> "days"
2. "Media kind" ---> "is" ---> "movie"

Again, not ideal and just an alternative what your looking for. You'll have to control using itunes to select the movies on ATV.
MarkG21 is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Apple TV and Home Theater