Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPad

Old Nov 23, 2012, 10:14 AM   #1
cbbob
macrumors member

I have an iPad 3 with only Wi-Fi

I have an iPad 3 with only wifi. I have pages and numbers on it and also some spreadsheets already on it. Now, my question is if I take this out of the house where there is no wifi will I still be able to type anything in the spreadsheets and have them saved or do I need wifi?
Thanks
Old Nov 23, 2012, 10:17 AM   #2
davidinva
macrumors 6502

Unless you have documents stored elsewhere (like iCloud or Dropbox), you can work without wi-fi.
davidinva is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 23, 2012, 10:19 AM   #3
Soulstorm
macrumors 68000

Not trying to be sarcastic, but disabling the WiFi temporarily on your iPad and trying to open the application to see if it still works is a very straightforward process, and faster than asking in a forum.

Again, not trying to be sarcastic. Just giving a tip.
Soulstorm is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 23, 2012, 10:21 AM   #4
cbbob
macrumors member

In other words you're saying that I can work without wifi but if my docs are in iCloud I Can't
Old Nov 23, 2012, 10:30 AM   #5
MonkeySee....
macrumors 68040

You can work on Pages whether you have wifi or not. They just won't sync via your devices until you are in range of wifi.

Always keep the rhythm in your feet and a little party in your shoulders. - Phil Dunphy
MonkeySee.... is offline   2 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 23, 2012, 11:06 AM   #6
Breaking Good
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonkeySee.... View Post
You can work on Pages whether you have wifi or not. They just won't sync via your devices until you are in range of wifi.
I think a better way to say what MonkeySee is saying is that you can use Pages while not connected to WiFi and you can create, edit and save documents to your iPad while not connected to WiFi just like you can on a Mac computer. However, just like with a Mac computer, if you are not connected to WiFi, you will not be able to access and edit documents stored remotely in something like iCloud or Dropbox.

You can test this yourself by turning off WiFi through the Settings icon on your iPad and then launching Pages to confirm that it works.
Breaking Good is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 23, 2012, 11:11 AM   #7
MonkeySee....
macrumors 68040

Quote:
Originally Posted by Breaking Good View Post
I think a better way to say what MonkeySee is saying is that you can use Pages while not connected to WiFi and you can create, edit and save documents to your iPad while not connected to WiFi just like you can on a Mac computer. However, just like with a Mac computer, if you are not connected to WiFi, you will not be able to access and edit documents stored remotely in something like iCloud or Dropbox.

You can test this yourself by turning off WiFi through the Settings icon on your iPad and then launching Pages to confirm that it works.
Yes, that's much better, cheers.

Always keep the rhythm in your feet and a little party in your shoulders. - Phil Dunphy
MonkeySee.... is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPad