Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

icydog

macrumors member
Original poster
Dec 24, 2008
NJ
I thought I saw iPad Mini on Black Friday Promo on the apple.com website. When I went back to buy it it was gone. Or was it ever there?

Also

I want it for reading as in Kindle books since I own the 3rd gen iPad already. Is it good for that application?

HazyCloud

macrumors 68030
Jun 30, 2010
No, Apple isn't doing anything with the Mini for BF. Your best bet, if you want one, is to see if any other retailers have sales on them.

I love reading on mine. While it's not a retina screen, that doesn't bother me in the slightest. It's a great reading device.

falconeight

Apr 6, 2010
Why put a sale on apple's best seller. They only put sales on products that need some push. The giant ipad needs a whole lot of push.

steve dave

macrumors 6502a
Mar 29, 2010
Because you can find ipad 4 everywhere. Finding the mini that you want is difficult most of the time impossible.

So what? You have no idea how many retina iPads were made or how many they are selling. Keep the armchair economics in check.

88Keys

macrumors regular
Jul 10, 2007
Perhaps some people are still a bit "butt hurt" that the iPad 4 came so quickly. A dose of resentment may have been generated.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.