Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > Mac Basics and Help

Old Nov 23, 2012, 08:20 PM   #1
dyax
macrumors newbie

Bootcamp not recognizing bootable USB?

Hey, so i've got a 8gb USB. Firstly i got the .iso file from windows website. Secondly i burned the .iso file to to my USB using Windows 7 USB DVD Download Tool, which didn't work.
Then i used UltraISO to burn the .iso to my USB, which worked successfully. *With MS-DOS(FAT 32) format*

I connected the USB to my mac, ran bootcamp assistance but it couldn't recognize my bootable USB. Please help me! This is so frustrating!

Do i have to run something in order for it to recognize it?

I'm doing this off a Windows 7 32bit laptop.

Thanks.
dyax is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 23, 2012, 09:29 PM   #2
KdParker
macrumors 68020

Quote:
Originally Posted by dyax View Post
Hey, so i've got a 8gb USB. Firstly i got the .iso file from windows website. Secondly i burned the .iso file to to my USB using Windows 7 USB DVD Download Tool, which didn't work.
Then i used UltraISO to burn the .iso to my USB, which worked successfully. *With MS-DOS(FAT 32) format*

I connected the USB to my mac, ran bootcamp assistance but it couldn't recognize my bootable USB. Please help me! This is so frustrating!

Do i have to run something in order for it to recognize it?

I'm doing this off a Windows 7 32bit laptop.

Thanks.
You just need the iso to create the bootable disk with bootcamp.

Save the iso on the desktop and use the bootcamp to create the bootable disk with the flashdrive. (Don't forget to download the windows drivers from Apple. Btw 8 gig flash drive might not be enough.)

create new partition and run bootable disk (USB flash) to load windows.
KdParker is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > Mac Basics and Help