Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Special Interests > Visual Media > Digital Photography

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old Nov 23, 2012, 09:56 PM   #1
I AM THE MAN
macrumors 6502
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Buy Any Photo Gear During Black Friday Sales?

Hey everyone! Just wanted to know if anyone actually bought any bodies, lens, flashes, etc during the Black Friday sales? I'm anxious to hear back!

I personally just picked up a refurbished Mark D2 for a really great price!
I AM THE MAN is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 25, 2012, 10:06 PM   #2
ctyhntr
macrumors 6502
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Canon.com had their own Black Friday sale. I ordered a refurbished Canon t2i for the same price as a 50mm f1.4 lens.
ctyhntr is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 26, 2012, 08:06 PM   #3
I AM THE MAN
Thread Starter
macrumors 6502
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by ctyhntr View Post
Canon.com had their own Black Friday sale. I ordered a refurbished Canon t2i for the same price as a 50mm f1.4 lens.
Haha yep! I bought my Mark D2 for about $1300! I am soo anxious for it to arrive. I keep checking the order status every hour!
I AM THE MAN is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 26, 2012, 08:39 PM   #4
aross99
macrumors 68000
 
aross99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: East Lansing, MI
Not really on sale, but we bought a Lensbaby Pro, and a Canon 50mm 1.8mm prime for my step daughter to use on her 5DmkII.
aross99 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 26, 2012, 09:59 PM   #5
milbournosphere
macrumors 6502a
 
milbournosphere's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: San Diego, CA
I got my lovely lady a new Olympus XZ-1 point and shoot just before black friday, but I guess it counts as it was deeply discounted. My first camera purchase from the Olympus brand, and after my brief encounter with it before it got wrapped, I must say that I'm impressed so far.

For those still hunting, the S100 is on-sale at Amazon for $249 till midnight, I think.
__________________
Russian roulette linux style : dd if=/dev/urandom of=/dev/kmem bs=1 count=1 seek=$RANDOM
milbournosphere is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 27, 2012, 09:09 PM   #6
ctyhntr
macrumors 6502
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Lol, after I ordered, I noticed the prices went back up and it was listed out of stock. I kept checking, just in case Canon cancels my order.

Quote:
Originally Posted by I AM THE MAN View Post
Haha yep! I bought my Mark D2 for about $1300! I am soo anxious for it to arrive. I keep checking the order status every hour!
ctyhntr is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 28, 2012, 12:05 PM   #7
NeGRit0
macrumors 6502a
 
NeGRit0's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Las Vegas, Nv
I picked up an Eye-Fi Pro card to try out. Was only $49.99 shipped on amazon for a cyber monday deal.
__________________
Flickr.. | Tumblr | Google+ | Instagram
NeGRit0 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 29, 2012, 07:34 PM   #8
I AM THE MAN
Thread Starter
macrumors 6502
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by aross99 View Post
Not really on sale, but we bought a Lensbaby Pro, and a Canon 50mm 1.8mm prime for my step daughter to use on her 5DmkII.
Oh wow thats great! I love my 50mm 1.8 its a great glass for a great price.

Quote:
Originally Posted by milbournosphere View Post
I got my lovely lady a new Olympus XZ-1 point and shoot just before black friday, but I guess it counts as it was deeply discounted. My first camera purchase from the Olympus brand, and after my brief encounter with it before it got wrapped, I must say that I'm impressed so far.

For those still hunting, the S100 is on-sale at Amazon for $249 till midnight, I think.
Haha you really did save quite a bit on it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ctyhntr View Post
Lol, after I ordered, I noticed the prices went back up and it was listed out of stock. I kept checking, just in case Canon cancels my order.
Thats exactly what happened with me. When I checked back it was listed as out of stock and then eventually after a little bit of time, refreshing the page a few times it was available again so I made the purchase before they sold out again!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeGRit0 View Post
I picked up an Eye-Fi Pro card to try out. Was only $49.99 shipped on amazon for a cyber monday deal.
Right now I have a gift card for the Apple Store and since I don't have anything else in mind, I am thinking of purchasing a 4GB Eye-Fi Pro Card. How do you like yours?
I AM THE MAN is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 5, 2012, 11:49 AM   #9
NeGRit0
macrumors 6502a
 
NeGRit0's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Las Vegas, Nv
Quote:
Originally Posted by I AM THE MAN View Post
Right now I have a gift card for the Apple Store and since I don't have anything else in mind, I am thinking of purchasing a 4GB Eye-Fi Pro Card. How do you like yours?
Not so much... I bought it for my Canon bodies, but the card isnt compatible with Magic Lantern software. (suppose I should have researched, but it was a timed deal, and I have had no issues w/ML before) I have yet to try it with my Olympus Micro4/3, but hopefully I wont have any surprises there.
__________________
Flickr.. | Tumblr | Google+ | Instagram
NeGRit0 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 5, 2012, 12:59 PM   #10
snberk103
macrumors 603
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: An Island in the Salish Sea
Mamiya AF APO 300mm 4.5 lense.... more than half off. Mamiya AF Macro Bellows, about 75% off. I'm a happy camper.
__________________
My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world. - Jack Layton
snberk103 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 5, 2012, 02:59 PM   #11
ctyhntr
macrumors 6502
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Is it this problem you're encountering with Magic Lantern and the eye fi card?

How to disbbootdisk flag
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_1XusYTB68Q

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeGRit0 View Post
Not so much... I bought it for my Canon bodies, but the card isnt compatible with Magic Lantern software. (suppose I should have researched, but it was a timed deal, and I have had no issues w/ML before) I have yet to try it with my Olympus Micro4/3, but hopefully I wont have any surprises there.
ctyhntr is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 5, 2012, 08:47 PM   #12
NeGRit0
macrumors 6502a
 
NeGRit0's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Las Vegas, Nv
Quote:
Originally Posted by ctyhntr View Post
Is it this problem you're encountering with Magic Lantern and the eye fi card?

How to disbbootdisk flag
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_1XusYTB68Q
Thanks. Im aware of the work around. My Canon is my main body, and i'd rather not chance going back an forth and something happening. It works fine with my Olympus body. If I cant find use for it with it though I'll just end up selling it.
__________________
Flickr.. | Tumblr | Google+ | Instagram
NeGRit0 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 8, 2012, 06:27 PM   #13
The Mad Kiwi
macrumors 6502
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: In Hell
I didn't get anything :-(
The Mad Kiwi is offline   0 Reply With Quote

Reply
MacRumors Forums > Special Interests > Visual Media > Digital Photography

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Similar Threads
thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
iPad: Now that Black Friday is over, any other sales by the end of this year? kjay80 iPad 10 Dec 5, 2013 04:30 PM
Black Friday sales? lls4f Mac mini 4 Oct 27, 2013 12:11 PM
Best Buy Posts Thanksgiving and Black Friday 2012 Sales for iPads, Macs and iPods MacRumors MacRumors.com News Discussion 37 Dec 5, 2012 07:11 AM
Black Friday App sales Thierry ba iPhone and iPod touch Apps 0 Nov 22, 2012 10:51 AM

Forum Jump

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:20 PM.

Mac Rumors | Mac | iPhone | iPhone Game Reviews | iPhone Apps

Mobile Version | Fixed | Fluid | Fluid HD
Copyright 2002-2013, MacRumors.com, LLC