Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone

Old Nov 23, 2012, 10:20 PM   #1
prizm
macrumors member

Manhattan Verizon 4G LTE Coverage/Speed

So perhaps I'm being a bit reactionary here. Buy I just jumped over to Verizon from ATT earlier today. I went from an ATT iphone4 to a Verizon Iphone5. To put it mildly, I'm appalled at the Verizon coverage/speed in NYC.

I know we're only 3.5 weeks out from the damage of Hurricane Sandy, and that there was considerable damage downtown to Verizon's infrastructure. But I was under the impression that the network was up and running again. I could get almost no Verizon signal today on entering buildings located in Manhattan. Out on the street the signal would fluctuate from 2G to 3G to LTE but hardly ever maintain LTE strength. Running speed tests the phone wouldn't even obtain a signal at times.

And just to be sure I wasn't in possession of a damaged phone, I checked my girlfriends Verizon iphone5 signal as well. Downtown. The Village. Midtown. All just absolutely abysmal speeds. I'm curious... from other fellow NYC peeps. How is your Verizon iphone5 experience? I'm half tempted to jump back to ATT after only one day Verizon.
prizm is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 23, 2012, 10:44 PM   #2
Demonface
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by prizm View Post
So perhaps I'm being a bit reactionary here. Buy I just jumped over to Verizon from ATT earlier today. I went from an ATT iphone4 to a Verizon Iphone5. To put it mildly, I'm appalled at the Verizon coverage/speed in NYC.

I know we're only 3.5 weeks out from the damage of Hurricane Sandy, and that there was considerable damage downtown to Verizon's infrastructure. But I was under the impression that the network was up and running again. I could get almost no Verizon signal today on entering buildings located in Manhattan. Out on the street the signal would fluctuate from 2G to 3G to LTE but hardly ever maintain LTE strength. Running speed tests the phone wouldn't even obtain a signal at times.

And just to be sure I wasn't in possession of a damaged phone, I checked my girlfriends Verizon iphone5 signal as well. Downtown. The Village. Midtown. All just absolutely abysmal speeds. I'm curious... from other fellow NYC peeps. How is your Verizon iphone5 experience? I'm half tempted to jump back to ATT after only one day Verizon.
But hey when no one had power during Sandy , VZW was the only company which maintained high signal . Dont get me wrong I have StraightTalk and even though I had signal it was never steady. Sorry for being off topic.
iPhone 5 Slate (T-Mobile) 16GB,iPhone 3GS Black (AT&T) 16GB, iPhone 3G Black (AT&T) 16 GB
Demonface is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone