Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Mac Community > Community Discussion > Apple, Industry and Internet Discussion

Old Nov 23, 2012, 11:23 PM   #1
dba415
macrumors 6502

Google Fiber has Time Warner Cable deeply concerned

http://www.businessinsider.com/heres...s-like-2012-11

Wow, Google Fiber is amazing, the cable companies are completely scared of this.

Can't wait until this rolls out where I live though I know it will be years not months.
dba415 is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 23, 2012, 11:41 PM   #2
mohsy90
macrumors 65816

Quote:
Originally Posted by dba415 View Post
http://www.businessinsider.com/heres...s-like-2012-11

Wow, Google Fiber is amazing, the cable companies are completely scared of this.

Can't wait until this rolls out where I live though I know it will be years not months.
They should be, Google is absolutely going to change the game for tv and interet. Up to 1000 mbps....that is insane!!!
Old Nov 24, 2012, 02:37 AM   #3
roadbloc
macrumors 604

Send a message via Skype™ to roadbloc
They need to come to the UK. And then my area. Which will probably be the last in the world since the internet speeds here are dire and we haven't even got cable yet.
Old Nov 24, 2012, 02:53 PM   #4
EstaVidaLoca
macrumors regular

I wish they'd shut up and offer this in Texas and just take my money.
EstaVidaLoca is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 24, 2012, 03:18 PM   #5
Jord5i
macrumors member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mohsy90 View Post
They should be, Google is absolutely going to change the game for tv and interet. Up to 1000 mbps....that is insane!!!
yeah it's great, hopefully this is a huge wake up call to other providers (worldwide)
Jord5i is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 27, 2012, 02:01 AM   #6
R94N
macrumors 68020

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadbloc View Post
They need to come to the UK. And then my area. Which will probably be the last in the world since the internet speeds here are dire and we haven't even got cable yet.
At least we actually have some competition here, unlike in the US. Yes not everywhere has the coverage or the speeds but that is slowly improving, unlike in the US where there are monopolies uninterested in providing a better service or improving their services. That said I'd love it too
R94N is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 27, 2012, 04:36 PM   #7
LethalWolfe
macrumors Demi-God

I'll wait for Google to find it financially doable to offer this service nation wide before I start jumping for joy. I was excited for FiOS too until Verzion stopped expansion due to cost concerns.

MacRumors Forums > Mac Community > Community Discussion > Apple, Industry and Internet Discussion