Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPad

Old Nov 24, 2012, 12:40 AM   #1
mrochester
macrumors 6502a

The loudest iPad

Hi all

I use my iPad 2 to listen to a lot of podcasts using Downcast. I'm potentially going to replace this and was wondering out of the iPad Mini and iPad with Retina Display which has the loudest speaker(s)?

Many thanks

M
mrochester is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 2, 2012, 12:36 AM   #2
WhiteIphone5
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrochester View Post
Hi all

I use my iPad 2 to listen to a lot of podcasts using Downcast. I'm potentially going to replace this and was wondering out of the iPad Mini and iPad with Retina Display which has the loudest speaker(s)?

Many thanks

M
Ipad 4th gen. Best speakers on a idevice ever! In my opinion that is..
WhiteIphone5 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 2, 2012, 12:56 AM   #3
shadowjeff
macrumors regular

iPad 4's speakers are pretty loud, mini is slightly softer or equally as loud. Keep in mind the mini has stereo speakers, i could hear more bass coming from it as compared to the ipad 4
shadowjeff is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 2, 2012, 06:47 AM   #4
Julien
macrumors 601

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrochester View Post
Hi all

Many thanks

M
If this is your only reason to replace your iPad then you could consider buying a BT/Airplay speaker instead.
Julien is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 2, 2012, 06:52 AM   #5
steve dave
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowjeff View Post
iPad 4's speakers are pretty loud, mini is slightly softer or equally as loud. Keep in mind the mini has stereo speakers, i could hear more bass coming from it as compared to the ipad 4
I really don't understand the point of having stereo speakers that are two centimeters apart.

I believe Apple was right to not even mention it because it just doesn't matter.

Between the two, I feel like my ipad 4 speaker is louder than the mini. They seem to sound about the same aside from that.
steve dave is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 2, 2012, 03:18 PM   #6
That70sGAdawg
macrumors 6502

Location: North Georgia, USA (on the Lake, near the Mountains)
The mini stereo speakers are "clearer", but not as loud as the iPad 4, or 3 for that matter...
Old Dec 2, 2012, 04:29 PM   #7
joshwithachance
macrumors 65816

The loudest iPad is the 4th gen without a doubt. The mini may have stereo speakers, but that's completely null and void due to the fact that they're side by side.

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPad