Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

winzee

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 24, 2008
Hi Guys,

i'm having problems deciding between Joy Factory's Smartsuit , Poetic Slim and Devicewear's ridge.

What one would you recommend?

ALso, i noticed that there's no microfibre/suede-like material on the inside of the polycarbonate shell of the ridge. Is it common to get scratches on the back of your ipad mini?

Thanks in advance!

jedolley

macrumors 68000
Sep 18, 2009
I have had all three of these cases and recommend the Device Ridge over the rest.

It first depends on the style you prefer... The Joy Factory and Poetic, have the tri-fold front cover which gives you one landscape viewing stand and one typing stand. I should also point out that since there is no magnet in the tip of the case it does not lock into place when folding the cover into the triangle for the stands. It's pretty stable, but takes a few seconds each time to setup.

The Devicewear Ridge uses a different style where the front cover is a base for 4 landscape viewing angles and also supports one typing angle. No magnets are needed for the stand since it utilizes ridges which makes setup much easier, quicker, and sturdier. If the JF or Poetic have any advantage over the Ridge, it is probably that both are a tad bit lighter.

As mentioned there is no soft lining in the ridge case, but I have not had any scratches because of it. This no different than using a hardshell on the iPad like the Switcheasy Coverbuddy or Incipio Feather. Just wipe both the shell and the back of the iPad before installing.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.