Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Desktops > iMac

Old Nov 24, 2012, 03:15 AM   #1
southweststokie
macrumors newbie

Lack of supply chain rumours a concern?

Is the lack of anything positive re supply chain rumours/comment e.g build up of stock, global distribution and generally getting into shape for sale, a concern.

Not sure whether we'd have expected some visibility of any of this by now ?

As a newbie to the Apple ecosystem, I haven't been on top of other launches, so it's difficult to compare.

Anyone with a view ?

Like everyone else, I need to get this wait over with and move on with my life.

SWS
southweststokie is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 24, 2012, 03:36 AM   #2
timcullis
macrumors member

For starters the volumes are much lower, we're not talking about millions of units for the iMac, so much less to watch.

Secondly, there's far fewer watchers who are interested in watching the iMac.

After all, there was zero news whatsoever about the Mac mini.
timcullis is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 24, 2012, 03:42 AM   #3
iMcLovin
macrumors 65816

there's really no rumors to report from anyone. Everyone knows what the iMac looks like and we all know what's inside and we all know when its coming. what else is there to report really ?
I think you should just lean back, relax and wait. going for the 21.5" you might be able to buy it next week if you are quick. it will for sure be released. 27" in a couple of weeks.
Old Nov 24, 2012, 03:47 AM   #4
Macman45
macrumors G5

There is a production line issue with the IP5 being the culprit here. Due to assembly issues, QC "Junking" many units, pre-determined Line allocation has been pushed back to allow for further Iphones to be made. In plain English, a line that would have been used to produce the new Imac's is still making the phones.

Hopefully, we may here something next week...My representative is still saying "November" so fingers crossed.
Old Nov 24, 2012, 05:35 AM   #5
southweststokie
macrumors newbie

All highly logical and a sound explanation of what's going on. Praying for Tuesday. If there is a God, please let it happen.

SWS
southweststokie is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Desktops > iMac