Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone

Old Nov 24, 2012, 07:11 AM   #1
serkan
macrumors regular

Apple iPhone Gift?

Hey all ;

When I login to the Apple Store it says that the Iphone 5 is now avaible to send as gift.And then I thought it is nice so that if you can send as a gift it means it is unlocked.But NOOO. How it is possible to send as a gift it is not unlocked ? WHY ? You pay the 2 year contract and gift it ? Am I wrong or there is a point am I right in here ?
serkan is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 24, 2012, 07:17 AM   #2
tymaster50
macrumors 68030

Quote:
Originally Posted by serkan View Post
Hey all ;

When I login to the Apple Store it says that the Iphone 5 is now avaible to send as gift.And then I thought it is nice so that if you can send as a gift it means it is unlocked.But NOOO. How it is possible to send as a gift it is not unlocked ? WHY ? You pay the 2 year contract and gift it ? Am I wrong or there is a point am I right in here ?
So what you're saying is, you want an unlocked iPhone 5 for $200. When you're supposed to pay full retail price for it. Obviously you buy it for the carrier the person you're gifting it has and they activate it themselves. Yes you're wrong.
tymaster50 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 24, 2012, 07:49 AM   #3
Tyler23
macrumors 601

Quote:
Originally Posted by tymaster50 View Post
So what you're saying is, you want an unlocked iPhone 5 for $200. When you're supposed to pay full retail price for it. Obviously you buy it for the carrier the person you're gifting it has and they activate it themselves. Yes you're wrong.
I think the OP wants to purchase it unlocked at full price and gift it. I think you've misunderstood thinking they want to pay $200 for the unlocked. Sounds like a reasonable issue but I'm sure there's a way to accomplish it, OP. Maybe give the apple store a call
Tyler23 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 24, 2012, 07:51 AM   #4
serkan
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by tymaster50 View Post

No.You go online and buy the ıphone for 200 a month and you have to pay to the carrier and make a data plan right or else you cant buy it online.So you make a data plan and pay it monthly.after you have do that how can you give as a present ? with the plan ? I meant that when I saw the gift wrap around it I thought it was the Iphone that they are selling now unlocked.I did not say I want it for 200.

----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyler23 View Post
I think the OP wants to purchase it unlocked at full price and gift it. I think you've misunderstood thinking they want to pay $200 for the unlocked. Sounds like a reasonable issue but I'm sure there's a way to accomplish it, OP. Maybe give the apple store a call

Thanx for understanding me right
serkan is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 24, 2012, 10:46 AM   #5
tymaster50
macrumors 68030

Quote:
Originally Posted by serkan View Post
No.You go online and buy the ıphone for 200 a month and you have to pay to the carrier and make a data plan right or else you cant buy it online.So you make a data plan and pay it monthly.after you have do that how can you give as a present ? with the plan ? I meant that when I saw the gift wrap around it I thought it was the Iphone that they are selling now unlocked.I did not say I want it for 200.

----------

Thanx for understanding me right
full price iPhones are unlocked.
tymaster50 is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone