Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > Mac Basics and Help

Old Nov 24, 2012, 07:12 AM   #1
blakktattuu
macrumors newbie

Any way to install Windows 7, including a partition, without bootcamp?

Every time I try to install Windows 7 with bootcamp assistance, after it attempts to create a partition, it returns an error message that I should reformat my harddrive as a journaled version, which I do not want to do as I currently have no easy way to back up all my files (plus it'd take ages!).

Is there any way to either create the partition and make bootcamp recognise this as the windows partition, or; to install windows 7 (without a virtual machine) otherwise?

Thanks!

I should probably note that the reason the partition fails is "some files cannot be moved".

Last edited by blakktattuu; Nov 24, 2012 at 07:59 AM.
blakktattuu is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > Mac Basics and Help