Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Special Interests > Mac and PC Games

Old Nov 24, 2012, 10:21 AM   #1
macgames
macrumors member

Black Friday weekend Mac Game Deals

Hi guys, don't want you to miss out on potentially some great games at massively reduced prices. Check out the Black Friday deals (last the whole weekend) on MacGames.co.uk. Lots of bargains to be had! Prices are in GBP, but we sell downloads worldwide. Here's an example of a few:
macgames is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 24, 2012, 10:44 AM   #2
MacGamerHQ
macrumors member

Thanks for the heads up! Indeed a LOT of mac games sales this weekend! It's crazy! Steam, Mac Games Store, Mac App store, GameAgent....
I listed them all in an article here.

PS: Please let me know if linking to one of my own articles is not ok!
Old Nov 25, 2012, 05:33 AM   #3
cryingrobot
macrumors regular

Did you happen to see the price for Deus Ex HR on Mac vs PC? PC is like $6 on Steam. Its still pretty much opening day prices for mac...like $50. And I am still actually grateful they even released this for a Mac. I have given up on macs for any gaming. The price difference alone on the games will justify a separate gaming PC or a console.
cryingrobot is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 26, 2012, 10:01 AM   #4
macgames
macrumors member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cryingrobot View Post
Did you happen to see the price for Deus Ex HR on Mac vs PC? PC is like $6 on Steam. Its still pretty much opening day prices for mac...like $50. And I am still actually grateful they even released this for a Mac. I have given up on macs for any gaming. The price difference alone on the games will justify a separate gaming PC or a console.
Yeah unfortunately price is still a massive issue for Mac Games. For Deus Ex specifically I can only comment for the UK, where it is 34 (just over $50), but to be honest, while PC games are dirt cheap, you generally expect to pay 30-40 for a good console game, and even for the best PC games when they are new. Its just the demand I think, that is the key issue - developers like feral and Aspyr need an incentive to keep making games for Mac, and they just couldn't make ends meet at $6 per game, unless the number of Mac gamers drastically increases.
macgames is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Special Interests > Mac and PC Games