Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPad

Old Nov 24, 2012, 01:29 PM   #1
rubined
macrumors member

Best Buy At&T Minis

I just spoke to two best buys in metro Detroit area and they told me they will carry only sprint and Verizon. Why would this be?
rubined is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 24, 2012, 01:33 PM   #2
shenan1982
macrumors 68000

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubined View Post
I just spoke to two best buys in metro Detroit area and they told me they will carry only sprint and Verizon. Why would this be?
The email they sent out yesterday said the same, and the online website shows the same. I am guessing this is something contractual with them and AT&T. This isn't an AT&T exclusive as Target carries the AT&T Cellular model.

It does seem like BBY has been favoring their Verizon and Sprint contracts lately... it's a lot more prevalent in the mobile section.
shenan1982 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 24, 2012, 03:18 PM   #3
alphaod
macrumors Core

I have not seen an AT&T iPad mini at Best Buy in store or online.
Old Nov 30, 2012, 02:26 PM   #4
HazyCloud
macrumors 68030

I spoke with someone at BB yesterday and they he said they should get them on the 23rd. But since he wasn't aware they aren't on their website, I don't really think he knew what he was talking about.
Old Dec 3, 2012, 03:46 PM   #5
Andrew K.
macrumors 65816

Quote:
Originally Posted by HazyCloud View Post
I spoke with someone at BB yesterday and they he said they should get them on the 23rd. But since he wasn't aware they aren't on their website, I don't really think he knew what he was talking about.
He probably didn't. I work there and we get announcements about when iPads come out but people on MR get the same info around the same time we do. There are no AT&T iPad minis in best buys right now.
Old Dec 3, 2012, 06:56 PM   #6
HazyCloud
macrumors 68030

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew K. View Post
He probably didn't. I work there and we get announcements about when iPads come out but people on MR get the same info around the same time we do. There are no AT&T iPad minis in best buys right now.
Hey, thanks for this. Do you know if there is any plan to carry them? And on a slightly different topic, I bought a Mini at BB and when I went to exchange it, they didn't have my model in so they gave me a gift card. If I return the second one I bought can I get the money back in cash?
Old Dec 3, 2012, 09:50 PM   #7
Andrew K.
macrumors 65816

Quote:
Originally Posted by HazyCloud View Post
Hey, thanks for this. Do you know if there is any plan to carry them? And on a slightly different topic, I bought a Mini at BB and when I went to exchange it, they didn't have my model in so they gave me a gift card. If I return the second one I bought can I get the money back in cash?
No plans yet, AT&T and BB had a contractual issue so they stopped selling their mobile hotspots for a month. They're back now but I think the mini may be a complication in that contract.

How did you pay for it originally? It would go back to the card you paid with. If you have the original receipt that'll help or if you're a reward zone member they can find the receipt in the system.
Old Dec 4, 2012, 01:00 AM   #8
HazyCloud
macrumors 68030

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew K. View Post
No plans yet, AT&T and BB had a contractual issue so they stopped selling their mobile hotspots for a month. They're back now but I think the mini may be a complication in that contract.

How did you pay for it originally? It would go back to the card you paid with. If you have the original receipt that'll help or if you're a reward zone member they can find the receipt in the system.
Thanks for the response, man. I bought it with my debit card and a gift card, so I assume I'll get some refunded to the debit card and some via a gift card. Anyhow, I appreciate the info regarding AT&T.

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPad