Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Apple TV and Home Theater

Old Nov 25, 2012, 02:30 PM   #1
Böle
macrumors newbie

ATV to AP Express AirPlay not working

Hi!

I'm new to this forum, please be kind.

I have a following set-up:

AirPort Express for my home network, also analog sound connection to home stereo system

Apple TV 3, connected wireless to APe

iPhone and iPad streaming music to aTV and APe.

I'm having trouble streaming music from aTV to APe. Whenever I choose AirPort Express as my AppleTV speakers, the option goes back to aTV.

I am able to stream directly from iPhone/iPad to AirPort Express, but not using the iPhone/iPad --> AppleTV --> AirPort Express --> Home stereo system -route.

As a workaround, I'm using another cable from my television to home stereo, but I'd like to get rid of that.

Any suggestions?
Böle is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 26, 2012, 02:09 AM   #2
The Mad Hatter
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by Böle View Post
Hi!

I'm new to this forum, please be kind.

I have a following set-up:

AirPort Express for my home network, also analog sound connection to home stereo system

Apple TV 3, connected wireless to APe

iPhone and iPad streaming music to aTV and APe.

I'm having trouble streaming music from aTV to APe. Whenever I choose AirPort Express as my AppleTV speakers, the option goes back to aTV.

I am able to stream directly from iPhone/iPad to AirPort Express, but not using the iPhone/iPad --> AppleTV --> AirPort Express --> Home stereo system -route.

As a workaround, I'm using another cable from my television to home stereo, but I'd like to get rid of that.

Any suggestions?
The question is, why would you want to involve the ATV3 at all if you are trying to stream from iPhone/iPad > APEX > home stereo? Is there a reason you need to add the ATV into the mix?

MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Apple TV and Home Theater