Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Applications > Mac Applications and Mac App Store

Old Nov 24, 2012, 01:54 PM   #1
ring
macrumors regular

Truecrypt NSA now?

Ever since I reformatted my Mac to a fresh mountain lion, truecrypt has been showing the rainbow wheel when it is decrypting and encrypting volumes.

The pre-reformat version didn't do this.

I GPG verified the download.

I suspect foul play. The download wasn't over https. Maybe the NSA/FBI/CIA has a rouge version running to spy on the ****izens ?

Or am I just crazy, It's never done this before.

edit: it does not do this spin when you eject the volume via the system "eject" button, and then dismounting. But technically proper procedure is to just press dismount. So that traces the issue(?) to something in Apple's dismounting.

Last edited by ring; Nov 24, 2012 at 02:13 PM.
ring is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 24, 2012, 03:48 PM   #2
Sital
macrumors 65816

I think you're just crazy.

Given that TrueCrypt hasn't been updated since before ML was released it could just be that it's not optimized for it. Having said that, I haven't noticed any difference really between Lion and ML and I seem to recall always seeing the pinwheel for a second or two while decrypting. I don't think I'm being spied on though.
Old Nov 25, 2012, 11:07 AM   #3
ring
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sital View Post
I think you're just crazy.

Given that TrueCrypt hasn't been updated since before ML was released it could just be that it's not optimized for it. Having said that, I haven't noticed any difference really between Lion and ML and I seem to recall always seeing the pinwheel for a second or two while decrypting. I don't think I'm being spied on though.
I really only use truecrypt because I don't want google looking into my backups.

( Instead of paying for cloud backups I just use my google accounts)
ring is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Applications > Mac Applications and Mac App Store