Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

thecounthahaha

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 17, 2010
Hi guys,

I've recently moved from a 2009 snowleopard machine running vlc 1.1.5 and handbrake perfectly. Annoyingly I've still not managed to get it working on my new machine on Lion.

Maybe wrongly, I updated to vlc 2.x.x before even trying handbrake as I was unaware of the issues this causes. I got a "No Valid Source Found" error in handbrake.

I googled this and downloaded the patch to "fix" vlc 2.0 and handbrake, but it didn't work, either with libdvdnav on or not.

So I uninstalled handbrake using appcleaner and reinstalled the latest version downloaded off the website. Still no luck. I reinstalled the patch again just in case. No luck again.

So I've now uninstalled both vlc and handbrake using appcleaner and used an old dmg file of vlc 1.1.5 and the new handbrake.

I deleted the preferences of vlc 1.1.5 using the included delete preferences app, and still nothing...!

What am I doing wrong?

---EDIT---

I can't find how to delete, but I kept trying to work out what was wrong.

Turns out I hadn't used the dvd drive to watch something yet so was still on region 6 (China)..! Setting it to 2 as I use fixed everything. Hooray!

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.