Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mtcova

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 24, 2012
I got my Seagate disk (1TO) replaced today in an Apple Store. Everything went fine and I restored my data, applications and settings from my Time Capsule. I have a problem when trying to update iPhoto to version 9.4.2 from the MAC App Store. The system says that I am not able to update the application as bought with another account. When I bought iPhoto 2 years ago with my iMAC the MAC App Store was not even existing ! I believe it has to do with the restore from my Time Capsule. Any idea to solve this problem ?
Thanks

firedept

macrumors 603
Jul 8, 2011
Somewhere!
I got my Seagate disk (1TO) replaced today in an Apple Store. Everything went fine and I restored my data, applications and settings from my Time Capsule. I have a problem when trying to update iPhoto to version 9.4.2 from the MAC App Store. The system says that I am not able to update the application as bought with another account. When I bought iPhoto 2 years ago with my iMAC the MAC App Store was not even existing ! I believe it has to do with the restore from my Time Capsule. Any idea to solve this problem ?
Thanks

Had my HDD replaced several weeks ago because of the recall. Ran into similar problems with several of my programs. All I did was uninstall and reinstall the programs. Had to put in my product keys again as it seems doing a restore from Time Capsule does not always bring them back with the programs. This will only work if you have the original disc and product keys to go with it. I had to reinstall Adobe CS6 Master Collection and MS Office 2011 to get them to work again. Would not recognize them at all but I know I had legit retail disc. Was a bit of a pain but they are all working like a charm for me now. All updates came back in when I did the reinstall. Hope this helps.

mtcova

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 24, 2012
Thanks but unfortunately when I bought the iMAC iPhoto was installed on the machine and I never had a CD or DVD for the application ...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.