Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone > iPhone Accessories

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old Dec 13, 2012, 01:57 PM   #76
zhenya
macrumors 68020
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Can anyone comment as to whether this works with the Apple 30-pin to lightning cable? The one review early on says no, but Caze says it works.

How about non-Apple headphone fit? Do most other headphones fit or not?

I have a Spigen Linear EX that is very similar to this case, but neither the adapter cable nor most headphones fit with it.
zhenya is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 13, 2012, 02:25 PM   #77
JNGold
macrumors 6502a
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by zhenya View Post
Can anyone comment as to whether this works with the Apple 30-pin to lightning cable? The one review early on says no, but Caze says it works.

How about non-Apple headphone fit? Do most other headphones fit or not?

I have a Spigen Linear EX that is very similar to this case, but neither the adapter cable nor most headphones fit with it.
I have the cable adapter and I can confirm it does not work. The only solution would be to file the adapter piece down. Where did Caze say it works?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TXLongHorn View Post

any chance the CAZE metallic clip will scratch the phone?? looks like its very close
The clips are plastic.
JNGold is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 13, 2012, 02:30 PM   #78
yellowsnowinfo
macrumors newbie
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by zhenya View Post
Can anyone comment as to whether this works with the Apple 30-pin to lightning cable? The one review early on says no, but Caze says it works.

How about non-Apple headphone fit? Do most other headphones fit or not?

I have a Spigen Linear EX that is very similar to this case, but neither the adapter cable nor most headphones fit with it.
my senns fit which is a L shaped plug
yellowsnowinfo is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 13, 2012, 02:30 PM   #79
zhenya
macrumors 68020
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by JNGold View Post
I have the cable adapter and I can confirm it does not work. The only solution would be to file the adapter piece down. Where did Caze say it works?
Thanks. Right in their product features section - "Fits Apple's Lightning to 30-pin Adapter".

I guess that might mean the one-piece adapter, but that one seems even harder to fit than the cable.

----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by yellowsnowinfo View Post
my senns fit which is a L shaped plug
Thanks!

Which model Senns?
zhenya is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 13, 2012, 02:37 PM   #80
krick
macrumors member
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by zhenya View Post
Thanks. Right in their product features section - "Fits Apple's Lightning to 30-pin Adapter".

I guess that might mean the one-piece adapter, but that one seems even harder to fit than the cable.[COLOR="#808080"]
Definitely does not fit the one piece adapter, and the cable adapter does need to be filed down to fit, which is what I did (takes only about 5 minutes).
krick is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 13, 2012, 05:29 PM   #81
matrix808
macrumors regular
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Ya lightning cable adapter does not work.

Headphones, I've been using Westone 3s on ALL cases since i had my ip4 and NEVER had an issue. the caze was the first case it did not fit on, slightly disappointed, but thinking of taking a dremel to it and making the opening a little bigger.

----------

[QUOTE=TXLongHorn;16484987]
Quote:
Originally Posted by matrix808 View Post
Here are pics of my clear caze, sorry only have my ipad mini as a camera

any chance the CAZE metallic clip will scratch the phone?? looks like its very close
Dont think the clip will scratch its only been a day, but ive removed the case and everything looks ok right now.
matrix808 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 13, 2012, 09:37 PM   #82
Firestrife
macrumors member
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: 'MERICA
Send a message via AIM to Firestrife
Quote:
Originally Posted by matrix808 View Post
Here are pics of my clear caze, sorry only have my ipad mini as a camera



Image

Image

Image

Image
Thanks! It looks great can't wait to get mine for my black one.
Firestrife is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 13, 2012, 09:54 PM   #83
JNGold
macrumors 6502a
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by zhenya View Post
Thanks. Right in their product features section - "Fits Apple's Lightning to 30-pin Adapter".

I guess that might mean the one-piece adapter, but that one seems even harder to fit than the cable.

----------



Thanks!

Which model Senns?
I wrote customer service to tell them to remove their misleading (and inaccurate) info.
JNGold is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 13, 2012, 10:21 PM   #84
pocketdoc
macrumors 6502a
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
I received my first Caze a month or more ago, and the second one just came in. The first fits my phone with a skin on the edge, but the new one doesn't

Very strange. Maybe they tightened it up a bit?

Still one the nicest "thinnest" bumpers.
pocketdoc is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 4, 2013, 12:10 PM   #85
Thekidtorres
macrumors regular
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
I am waiting for mine, i am very anxious, hopefully i will be recieving it this week, i cant wait anymore.
Thekidtorres is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 4, 2013, 12:58 PM   #86
rockyroad55
macrumors 68040
 
rockyroad55's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Phila, PA
How long did your orders take?
__________________
The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realize it doesn't say anything it's too late to stop reading it.
rockyroad55 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 5, 2013, 02:12 PM   #87
Thekidtorres
macrumors regular
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
I've received my phantomskins matte back and sides, i only need to receive the thin edgecase pleaseeeee jaja. I ordered the power support bumper too to compare, and I will sell the one that I dont like :P
Thekidtorres is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 5, 2013, 02:43 PM   #88
IXDoubleDXI
macrumors regular
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Central Florida
I installed the phantomskinz matte back this weekend, took two shots, but finally got it on the 2nd one. Got a lot of tiny bubbles on the top/bottom parts of the back on the first try. Much less on the 2nd. You've got to be pretty accurate when installing them and using the thinedge. Mine was too far to the right side of the phone and started bubbling up when I put the thinedge on. One plus I found was that I could install the thinedge while having the top/side pcs installed from the PS set, so that was a bonus. Great looking set up, now i just need a new spigen front protector, 2 tiny bubbles that need to go.
IXDoubleDXI is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 5, 2013, 02:57 PM   #89
Thekidtorres
macrumors regular
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by IXDoubleDXI View Post
I installed the phantomskinz matte back this weekend, took two shots, but finally got it on the 2nd one. Got a lot of tiny bubbles on the top/bottom parts of the back on the first try. Much less on the 2nd. You've got to be pretty accurate when installing them and using the thinedge. Mine was too far to the right side of the phone and started bubbling up when I put the thinedge on. One plus I found was that I could install the thinedge while having the top/side pcs installed from the PS set, so that was a bonus. Great looking set up, now i just need a new spigen front protector, 2 tiny bubbles that need to go.
Could you post some photos with the final look? Thanksss
Thekidtorres is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 5, 2013, 03:56 PM   #90
Gooter
macrumors member
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Chicagoland
Quote:
Originally Posted by IXDoubleDXI View Post
I installed the phantomskinz matte back this weekend, took two shots, but finally got it on the 2nd one. Got a lot of tiny bubbles on the top/bottom parts of the back on the first try. Much less on the 2nd. You've got to be pretty accurate when installing them and using the thinedge. Mine was too far to the right side of the phone and started bubbling up when I put the thinedge on. One plus I found was that I could install the thinedge while having the top/side pcs installed from the PS set, so that was a bonus. Great looking set up, now i just need a new spigen front protector, 2 tiny bubbles that need to go.
Also, did you get the case friendly version of the Phantomskinz or regular?

Thanks
__________________
iMac 24" (8,1) :: MacBook 13.3" (White)
iPad Retina 64GB (WiFi) :: iPhone 5 32GB
Gooter is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 5, 2013, 05:02 PM   #91
Thekidtorres
macrumors regular
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gooter View Post
Also, did you get the case friendly version of the Phantomskinz or regular?

Thanks
Whats the diference between them?
Thekidtorres is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 5, 2013, 05:13 PM   #92
Gooter
macrumors member
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Chicagoland
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thekidtorres View Post
Whats the diference between them?
I believe, like Ghost Armor's, it is cut slightly smaller so that the skin does not extend all the way to the chamfered edge. It allows some space between the lip of a case/bumper and the skin to limit the case/bumper causing peeling or lifting of the skin.
__________________
iMac 24" (8,1) :: MacBook 13.3" (White)
iPad Retina 64GB (WiFi) :: iPhone 5 32GB
Gooter is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 5, 2013, 05:15 PM   #93
rockyroad55
macrumors 68040
 
rockyroad55's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Phila, PA
Can anyone tell me how long it took their Caze to ship?
__________________
The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realize it doesn't say anything it's too late to stop reading it.
rockyroad55 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 5, 2013, 09:01 PM   #94
Thekidtorres
macrumors regular
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by rockyroad55 View Post
Can anyone tell me how long it took their Caze to ship?
You mean, the time since you pay until the case leaves hong kong?
Thekidtorres is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 5, 2013, 09:09 PM   #95
rockyroad55
macrumors 68040
 
rockyroad55's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Phila, PA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thekidtorres View Post
You mean, the time since you pay until the case leaves hong kong?
Yes
rockyroad55 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 5, 2013, 09:14 PM   #96
rperalta
macrumors regular
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Hercules, CA
Is ThinkEdge the thinnest bumper right now? I love the cutouts (mute, vol, power) to make it slimmer compare to other bumpers with covers. However, I don't like the clip as it makes its thicker and not sure the point of it. Thanks!
rperalta is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 5, 2013, 10:20 PM   #97
map1978
macrumors 68020
 
map1978's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Jacksonville, FL
I have a silver version for sale
Check the marketplace thread

http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1532005
map1978 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 6, 2013, 12:16 AM   #98
Gooter
macrumors member
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Chicagoland
Quote:
Originally Posted by map1978 View Post
I have a silver version for sale
Check the marketplace thread

http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1532005
Just curious, why are you selling it? Did you not like it? Pros/cons?

Thanks!
__________________
iMac 24" (8,1) :: MacBook 13.3" (White)
iPad Retina 64GB (WiFi) :: iPhone 5 32GB
Gooter is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 6, 2013, 07:33 AM   #99
Thekidtorres
macrumors regular
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by rockyroad55 View Post
Yes
Mine if I trust in what the page says, was 9 working days to leave hong kong, I paid for the item the 24th of january and today the tracking says: will leave hong kong for its destination on 06/02/2013. Hopefully, like many others items that I bought (on ebay) the tracinkg never coincide with the reality jeje.

----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by rperalta View Post
Is ThinkEdge the thinnest bumper right now? I love the cutouts (mute, vol, power) to make it slimmer compare to other bumpers with covers. However, I don't like the clip as it makes its thicker and not sure the point of it. Thanks!
For me yes, no doubt on that. The clip is there for attach de case. In youtube you can watch a video of the 4s case that shows you how it works.
Thekidtorres is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 6, 2013, 01:24 PM   #100
map1978
macrumors 68020
 
map1978's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Jacksonville, FL
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gooter View Post
Just curious, why are you selling it? Did you not like it? Pros/cons?

Thanks!
I bought it to review and now I just don't want it
Great thin bumper
map1978 is offline   0 Reply With Quote

Reply
MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone > iPhone Accessories

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Similar Threads
thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Caze Thin Edge Review: Wow Radiating iPhone Accessories 154 Mar 30, 2013 09:07 PM
Ordering Caze Thin Edge with prepaid Visa? michaelfields iPhone Accessories 0 Jan 16, 2013 08:34 PM
Buy caze thin edge or other iphone 5 bumpers in store? michaelfields iPhone Accessories 1 Jan 12, 2013 09:49 AM
Caze Thin Edge Bumper V Spigen Linear EX Slim Macaroooon iPhone Accessories 6 Dec 7, 2012 04:50 PM
Anyone prefer not to have the edge thin due to the fat bulge? Kendo iMac 60 Oct 27, 2012 12:18 AM

Forum Jump

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:15 PM.

Mac Rumors | Mac | iPhone | iPhone Game Reviews | iPhone Apps

Mobile Version | Fixed | Fluid | Fluid HD
Copyright 2002-2013, MacRumors.com, LLC