Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Applications > Mac Applications and Mac App Store

Old Nov 24, 2012, 05:52 PM   #1
james948
macrumors regular

Organising; yojimbo, evernote and browser syncing

I'm currently using Yojimbo and my library is ~8GB
When they *finally* do get iCloud syncing, it won't be of great use to me because
a) I only have a 16GB iPad/iPhone
b) there's no iPhone app.

I've looked into evernote but besides *loathing* the UI, I also think that it syncs the same way; there's no server component apart from syncing. What I'd like to be able to do is search a 16GB library without actually having to download the 16GB onto my phone.

Is this possible with any other software that you know of? Is anyone else in the same boat? I love using Yojimbo because I use my doxie and, really, every piece of paper goes in there together with all sorts of notes.

So, that's my issue. I was all ready to jump ship to a premium evernote account but I resent paying for evernote if there's no web client.

Love to know your thoughts.
james948 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 30, 2012, 12:12 PM   #2
robgendreau
macrumors 68000

Evernote DOES have a web interface, if that's what you mean by "web client." It's one of the few that does, and it works with just about everything. And gives you control over downloading as well.

You could try putting a library or files in Dropbox, Box or another cloud storage space, or even Google Docs, but none of those solutions is as neat as Evernote.

There are some great text-based solutions that store in the cloud, like Koucek, but they don't have web interfaces either (unless you use the Dropbox syncing option; since they're text they're pretty easy to view with anything). I haven't seen anything that uses iCloud that has a web interface...which is rather ominous.
robgendreau is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Applications > Mac Applications and Mac App Store