Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone

Old Jan 9, 2013, 09:43 PM   #51
thehustleman
macrumors 65816

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewYork88 View Post
I had a DNA and sent it back , screen is amazing ,phone is sexy but poor battery life ,slow charging and weaker reception than my iphone 4S and 5 killed it for me.
Yep, plus you can't even replace the battery so no buying a spare.

Lol@2020mah batteries.

Stop focusing on thinness and focus on FUNCTION!
thehustleman is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 9, 2013, 09:49 PM   #52
cheezeit
macrumors 6502

S3 is nice, display is horrid. Note 2 is nice, screen is nice, size is a bit much. I'll wait till the s4 and until then use my i5
cheezeit is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 9, 2013, 10:01 PM   #53
aimeeinohio
macrumors regular

I did the same- bored with iOS, so went android. Got the s3, just couldn't get the hang of it, went back to iPhone. Got the 4s.... I am much happier.

I'll take a little boredom over a lot of frustration any day
aimeeinohio is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 9, 2013, 10:21 PM   #54
jalamb86
macrumors newbie

I've gone back and forth between the two OS's for several years. I think I've finally decided to hang with Apple, though. I currently have a Nexus 7, which I enjoy, with a whole page of widgets that I NEVER use. I'll get plenty of use out of it and then get whatever edition of the ipad mini is out at the time. Probably getting a Macbook Air next year too as I have grown weary of PCs.
jalamb86 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 9, 2013, 11:30 PM   #55
bushman4
macrumors 65816

Iphone 5 has III beat hands down as far as screen, ecosystem, software.
For some reason some people prefer that 5" screen which isn't going for a quality device.
bushman4 is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 10, 2013, 12:09 AM   #56
thehustleman
macrumors 65816

Quote:
Originally Posted by bushman4 View Post
Iphone 5 has III beat hands down as far as screen, ecosystem, software.
For some reason some people prefer that 5" screen which isn't going for a quality device.
And the 3 has it beat on features, capabilities, apps, customization
Old Jan 10, 2013, 01:55 AM   #57
Alx9876
macrumors 6502

There is allot of function with my GS3. But like I have said in other post, I am compromising the OS for 4.8 inches of sexy 720p display.

Right now using a GS3 instead of an iPhone is a personal experiment to test the waters to figure out what I really want out of a smart phone.

Having an extra fully charged battery in my bag along with a 64gb class 10 mini sd card with the ability to swap and pull out anytime is really hard to ignore after living with it.

What would be nice is if Apple could make a nice little *Mini SD cart slot on the side of the iPhone just as they did with the current 13 inch Macbook Air (Standard SD card size), Give us bigger wider screen.

The iPhone would be considered modernized by that alone.
Alx9876 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 10, 2013, 02:57 AM   #58
andruflick
macrumors newbie

Even i am also agree. S3 is better then Iphone.
andruflick is offline   2 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 10, 2013, 03:18 AM   #59
stonyboys
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by thehustleman View Post
And the 3 has it beat on features, capabilities, apps, customization
What features? What capabilities? Seems like my ip5 can do whatever an s3 can. Apps LOL NO have you even looked at the play store? Customization yes I 100% agree.
stonyboys is offline   2 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 10, 2013, 04:12 AM   #60
Nale72
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by stonyboys View Post
What features? What capabilities? Seems like my ip5 can do whatever an s3 can.
Things that I can think of right away that I personally would love to have on my iP5:

- NFC.
- Using TrueCaller etc. to let you know who is calling you even though you don't have the number in your contacts and/or block calls from sellers etc.
- Widgets and fast setting toggles.
- Letting you choose default app for different functions (calls, navigation, browsing, music, pictures etc.).
- Use custom keyboard like Swype
- Ability to have different DND settings, e g different settings for weekdays and weekends. On my Ray I had it quiet longer in the mornings on Saturdays and Sundays compared to weekdays.
- T9 Dialer
- Ability to add/remove music, pictures and other files easily and drag/drop them betweeen any computer and phone with USB connection through file explorer.

These are no dealbreakers for me, but I sure miss them.
Nale72 is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 10, 2013, 06:03 AM   #61
zildMacjian
macrumors member

so tempted to get an s3 but I'll prob end up coming back to my 5 !
zildMacjian is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 10, 2013, 06:20 AM   #62
Nebulance
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nale72 View Post
- Ability to add/remove music, pictures and other files easily and drag/drop them betweeen any computer and phone with USB connection through file explorer.
I wish we had a way to access the filesystem directly too, but I doubt Apple will come around to that any time soon. It would certainly make iPhone and iPad a bit more dynamic.
Nebulance is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 10, 2013, 07:55 AM   #63
Zaft
macrumors 6502a

GS3 on Jelly bean is very smooth. But one thing IOS still has an advantage in is touch responsivness. For example on IOS when you scroll with your finger the response is just about 1 to 1. On android it still lags behind your finger a bit. Not a BIG deal but its a difference.
Zaft is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 10, 2013, 08:10 AM   #64
thehustleman
macrumors 65816

Quote:
Originally Posted by stonyboys View Post
What features? What capabilities? Seems like my ip5 can do whatever an s3 can. Apps LOL NO have you even looked at the play store? Customization yes I 100% agree.
Lies!

Let's see an iPhone5 ...
take a screen shot by simply swiping the screen

...open a music player and control it completely with voice, for instance you're listening to a song and it goes off,a song you don't want to hear right now comes on, just simply say "next" from across the room and it changes. Someone walks in and starts talking say "pause" and it does. Volume control, skipping, playing and pausing. Very convenient when washing dishes.

...let you watch a video while you're checking email, sending texts or anything else on your phone besides talking.

...Google now is more responsive than Siri

...dlna. nuff said

...nfc. you can transfer entire movies with this! You can be watching a YouTube video and want to show it to someone, tap the phones and YouTube will pop up, in the exact same spot the video was when you clicked it. Google wallet. Nfc tags.

...can change the battery out and add storage when needed, up to 64gb more

...no need to download any particular software to put music on the phone just drag and drop.

...I can have live wallpaper with the weather, stocks, news headlines, or in my case, Mario running through a level

....install apps I didn't get from the market

...widgets
...toggles

Oh and on apps, show me an app on Apple's market that will let you download ebooks, movies, music, for free without a pc attached.

Last edited by thehustleman; Jan 10, 2013 at 08:20 AM.
thehustleman is offline   3 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 10, 2013, 08:26 AM   #65
Esoom
macrumors member

Send a message via Skype™ to Esoom
I went from an S3 back to the iPhone as well, after i got the iPad Mini, I decided I wanted a phone that fit in my pocket easier.

It's been a month and I couldn't be happier. particularly with the materials, build quality, and battery life.

One thing that irritated the crap outta me was the features that the S3 touted were difficult to use and time consuming to get set up.

the first thing I did with the last few Android phones was to buy an extra or an extended battery so I could make it through the day, I really like Apple's implementation of LTE and how it conserves battery life compared to the Android phones I've had.
Old Jan 10, 2013, 08:36 AM   #66
Browns2212
macrumors regular

My first "smartphone" was the Droid X. I've been with Verizon for a long time, way before they started selling the iPhone.

My contract for the Droid X was up earlier this year, but wanted to wait for the iPhone 5.

I bought a used HTC Thunderbolt back in April and used that until I got my i5 on October 17th.

Granted, I have never used Jelly Bean as the Thunderbolt (or Droid X) never got that update.

I guess I just wanted a change. I had some friends that had iPhones and I played around with them and just really liked it. Then, I also bought an iPad 2 back in March when the iPad 3 came out and the iPad 2 price dropped to $399. I loved the iPad 2 and that made my switch easy.

Have loved my iPhone 5 since I took it out of the box.

I'm sure the new Android phones are nice. The Samsung's look nice and the reviews are pretty good. The new DNA and Razr phones look nice as well. All the customization doesn't really matter to me. I really like the i5 because everything it does is extremely fast. No lag whatsoever.

I most likely will never go back to Android. Actually just got my wife an i5 this past Saturday.
Browns2212 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 10, 2013, 08:37 AM   #67
iHailCarlo
macrumors 6502

I love how all the Android lovers come to an Apple 1st Forum, and tout how great their device is. It makes me laugh that they come here to justify their purchase and talk about features that are irrelevant to most of us. I will start calling the Android Salesmen. lol.
iHailCarlo is offline   5 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 10, 2013, 08:54 AM   #68
weesy
macrumors member

i've been in this position before. i go back and forth quite often. i root or jailbreak whatever the case may be and then when i'm bored of the device i trade up or trade back for the opposite. both run a great OS, both very different . all depends on what you're needs are or what you're into. as of right now i'm on a gs3, but we'll see how long that lasts before i return. because i must say, the 5 has really caught my attention
weesy is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 10, 2013, 09:06 AM   #69
heq2011
macrumors newbie

I went from a iphone 4 to the s3, tried it out for a few months, then ditched the s3 for the iphone5. Like others, I was a little bored of ios and wanted to see what android could do. A couple of things I liked about the s3 was the ability to customize the keyboard and to expand storage. The big display on the s3 is also nice. However, I really missed the effortless syncing among all my apple devices. Also, I use facetime on a daily basis, and was unable to find an android app that even comes close - skype is virtually useless on the s3, and I found gtalk to have really poor quality when talking to someone running gtalk on an ipad.
heq2011 is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 10, 2013, 09:49 AM   #70
JS82712
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by iHailCarlo View Post
I love how all the Android lovers come to an Apple 1st Forum, and tout how great their device is. It makes me laugh that they come here to justify their purchase and talk about features that are irrelevant to most of us. I will start calling the Android Salesmen. lol.
I see this in physical stores too. I was walking into an apple store the other day, and a guy tried to give me a lecture on why he thinks the S3 is better. These android owners are so insecure.
JS82712 is offline   2 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 10, 2013, 09:54 AM   #71
thehustleman
macrumors 65816

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esoom View Post
I went from an S3 back to the iPhone as well, after i got the iPad Mini, I decided I wanted a phone that fit in my pocket easier.

It's been a month and I couldn't be happier. particularly with the materials, build quality, and battery life.

One thing that irritated the crap outta me was the features that the S3 touted were difficult to use and time consuming to get set up.

the first thing I did with the last few Android phones was to buy an extra or an extended battery so I could make it through the day, I really like Apple's implementation of LTE and how it conserves battery life compared to the Android phones I've had.

What was difficult it time consuming to set up?

I have yet to find one feature like that
thehustleman is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 10, 2013, 10:56 AM   #72
thehustleman
macrumors 65816

Quote:
Originally Posted by iHailCarlo View Post

Yeah, features are irrelevant until Apple steals them right?

Tons of Apple people do that on android central too.

Only difference between those Apple fans and android fans are the android people can show you tons of things the phone can do that the iphone can't, but when confronted with facts it always comes down to them saying either "but it's an iPhone" or "those features don't matter"

But then when Apple somewhat catches up and gets those features then they act like it's the cats meow
Old Jan 10, 2013, 10:56 AM   #73
iHailCarlo
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by JS82712 View Post
I see this in physical stores too. I was walking into an apple store the other day, and a guy tried to give me a lecture on why he thinks the S3 is better. These android owners are so insecure.
Congratulations. I am actually talking of this board.
iHailCarlo is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 10, 2013, 10:57 AM   #74
surjavarman
macrumors 6502a

The S3 and Note2 have better screens than the iphone5 or any other ips screen. I don't care what anandtech or all the pro's say. They have no idea what they are talking about.

Colors are more vibrant and lively, black is pitch black, everything looks just greater on amoled. The stradivarius is the most sought after instrument in the entire world. Its also super imperfect. Tube amplifiers heavily distorts sounds yet they are highly sought after by audiophiles. How do you explain that?

I really don't care what a bunch of phony bloggers say. I asked all my buddies and everyone is unanimous about screen quality. I don't care if its unrealistic. Everything on my phone looks unrealistic anyway. Just a bunch of icons, text and graphics in a virtual world.
surjavarman is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 10, 2013, 11:00 AM   #75
iHailCarlo
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by thehustleman View Post
Yeah, features are irrelevant until Apple steals them right?

Tons of Apple people do that on android central too.

Only difference between those Apple fans and android fans are the android people can show you tons of things the phone can do that the iphone can't, but when confronted with facts it always comes down to them saying either "but it's an iPhone" or "those features don't matter"

But then when Apple somewhat catches up and gets those features then they act like it's the cats meow
People buy what works best for them, its all about creating value. If they don't see it in said feature its irrelevant. Im not on an Android forum to tout Apple because what works for them doesn't necessarily work for me, and vice versa. I have had my experience with Android, it wasn't what worked for me. I use a lot of Apple products iPhone and the iOS works for me. I don't go to go Android forums to justify my purchase, because its irrelevant to them. Got it now?
iHailCarlo is offline   2 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone