Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

TheRealDamager

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jan 5, 2011
Just received and installed the black carbon fiber skin for my IPad mini. Thought I'd post some info and pics.

I like to skin my Ipads and Macbooks - it provides great scratch protection without adding a lot of weight or ruining the size and shape of the device. I ordered the black carbon fiber skin for my black IPad Mini. Fit and finish is excellent, and installation is very easy - not nearly as error-prone as the wet-install skins.

Some pics attached.

Attachments

• photo 1.JPG
    photo 1.JPG
    137.3 KB · Views: 208
  • photo 2.JPG
    photo 2.JPG
    140.7 KB · Views: 172
  • photo 3.JPG
    photo 3.JPG
    120.6 KB · Views: 189
  • photo 4.JPG
    photo 4.JPG
    127.9 KB · Views: 218

Dulcimer

macrumors 6502a
Nov 20, 2012
I was considering an iCarbons skin for my iPad 4 when I get it this Christmas. However, those alternating squares of light and dark grey look distracting...

TheRealDamager

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jan 5, 2011
I was considering an iCarbons skin for my iPad 4 when I get it this Christmas. However, those alternating squares of light and dark grey look distracting...

THey have 6-7 different types for the mini - this was the only black one, and I wanted to keep the black color.

athletejmv

macrumors regular
Mar 19, 2011
Reply to glen e.

switchwasy coverbuddy
icarbons.com for strips
apple smartcover

Hey glen e, I just wanted to say thanks again for the timely reply. I've been having difficulty trying to find a full body cover for my mini, so I appreciate your response. I checked on Amazon, but the case I received was very poor quality (sagged on the bottom of the mini. It was a gel/plastic type material from Iblaston). Take care and I hope you have a good Christmas!

----------

Hey glen e, I just wanted to say thanks again for the timely reply. I've been having difficulty trying to find a full body cover for my mini, so I appreciate your response. I checked on Amazon, but the case I received was very poor quality (sagged on the bottom of the mini. It was a gel/plastic type material from Iblaston). Take care and I hope you have a good Christmas!

Hello again glen e,
do you have any recommendations on where this case can be obtained?

glen e

macrumors 68030
Jun 19, 2010
Ft Lauderdale
this is not a case - it is a plastic back and an apple smartcover.....

apple store for smart cover
switcheasy.com for back
icarbons.com for carbon stripes...

learn to make google your friend.....

athletejmv

macrumors regular
Mar 19, 2011
this is not a case - it is a plastic back and an apple smartcover.....

apple store for smart cover
switcheasy.com for back
icarbons.com for carbon stripes...

learn to make google your friend.....

I was tracking that. I came up with nothing on Google. I'll check out switcheasy.com for the back. Thanks again again glen g. I appreciate it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.