Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > News and Article Discussion > MacRumors.com News Discussion

Old Nov 24, 2012, 10:17 PM   #26
chr1s60
macrumors 65816

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yahrghrr View Post
Stop Apple, just stop... give me a better UI experience! Focus on innovation, not litigation.
Yeah this is only Apple. Samsung is just as responsible here.
chr1s60 is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 24, 2012, 10:23 PM   #27
Switchback666
macrumors 65816

Quote:
Originally Posted by chr1s60 View Post
Yeah this is only Apple. Samsung is just as responsible here.
Who throw the first stone and continued till these day ?
Old Nov 24, 2012, 10:25 PM   #28
flameproof
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by spyguy10709 View Post
Again like I said earlier, It's obvious that Jony Ive is in the courtroom every day preparing legal documents and court evidence... not making products. :/

Come on people, Apple employes thousands of people, the legal team is just some people working in a completely separate environment from the product guys.
You can see from a different angle: If Apple were successful with all their litigations they can rest in peace on their patents and never have to come up with any new idea. As they did since the iPhone 4.
flameproof is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 24, 2012, 10:38 PM   #29
Plutonius
macrumors 68040

Who cares. If Apple is right, they win. If Samsung is right, they win.
Plutonius is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 24, 2012, 10:40 PM   #30
the8thark
macrumors 68030

Quote:
Originally Posted by Switchback666 View Post
Who throw the first stone and continued till these day ?
Samsung did. By copying. And Apple was forced to defended their patents or lose the patents. Well you know what I mean by that. (not a legal expert).
Old Nov 24, 2012, 10:44 PM   #31
Rogifan
macrumors 604

Good god this is getting ridiculous. Both companies need to grow the %#^! up and end this nonsense now.

Oh and MR needs some kind of "back page" where these legal stories can be posted. They're so silly now they're not even worth commenting on.
Old Nov 24, 2012, 10:51 PM   #32
flameproof
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plutonius View Post
Who cares. If Apple is right, they win. If Samsung is right, they win.
Being right and winning ain't the same thing when it come to litigations.
flameproof is offline   8 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 24, 2012, 10:56 PM   #33
2IS
macrumors 68000

There comes a point where suing becomes easier than innovation. Clearly, Apple thinks they have reached that point. Take the last, oh I don't know... 3 years? Add up the lawsuits and compare that with the number of innovative products coming out of Cupertino in the same time period.
2IS is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 24, 2012, 11:28 PM   #34
Rogifan
macrumors 604

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2IS View Post
There comes a point where suing becomes easier than innovation. Clearly, Apple thinks they have reached that point. Take the last, oh I don't know... 3 years? Add up the lawsuits and compare that with the number of innovative products coming out of Cupertino in the same time period.
Apple's not the only guilty party here, no matter how much Samsung wants to play the victim. They added the iPhone 5, 4th gen iPad and iPad mini to this lawsuit. And I believe some of what they claim Apple is infringing on are FRAND patents which would be covered between Qualcomm and Samsung, no? How can Apple be infringing if its Qualcomm technology and Qualcomm is paying royalties to Samsung?
Old Nov 24, 2012, 11:48 PM   #35
Apple Poptart
macrumors member

Well, according to Demolition Man, Taco Bell was the only restaurant to survive the Franchise Wars in 2032. Who will win the Patent Wars of the 2010's?

I submit that, in 20 years, we will all be driving hovering iMobiles eating Chalupas.
Apple Poptart is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 24, 2012, 11:53 PM   #36
singhjeet29
macrumors regular

At this point both companies are being selfish and stupid. I understand that indeed patents may have been violated on both sides. But this continuous bickering and distancing from one another is going to (and has already to a degree) hurt both parties. Perhaps in the long run, Samsung has more to lose, but they're both losing now.
Old Nov 24, 2012, 11:55 PM   #37
Mystic386
macrumors regular

Macrumors post these stories because there are still enough people who care and want to argue the same old whose wrong whose right lines.

The fact that Apple have been making settlements is an encouraging sign. Of course we all know that Samsung (who have clearly copied and a blind man can see that - including products, ads, packaging, plugs etc and really it's the ultimate compliment) ... We all know the Samsung guy came out and said they would not settle they intend to fight and fight and fight.

So I guess Macrumors will post these items and those that aren't tired will still fight for Apple or Samsung or against either or against both....

I've kind of heard it all before. So I'm more in the who cares dept.

zzzZZZZZZ
Mystic386 is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 25, 2012, 12:05 AM   #38
2IS
macrumors 68000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogifan View Post
Apple's not the only guilty party here, no matter how much Samsung wants to play the victim. They added the iPhone 5, 4th gen iPad and iPad mini to this lawsuit. And I believe some of what they claim Apple is infringing on are FRAND patents which would be covered between Qualcomm and Samsung, no? How can Apple be infringing if its Qualcomm technology and Qualcomm is paying royalties to Samsung?
Yes, Apple is. Samsung is simply going on the offensive now and it's directly due to Apple actions. It's like the bully that keeps picking on someone day in and day out. The other guy tries to turn the other cheek but the bully keeps coming. Eventually the other guy's going to snap.
2IS is offline   2 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 25, 2012, 12:06 AM   #39
Switchback666
macrumors 65816

Quote:
Originally Posted by the8thark View Post
Samsung did. By copying. And Apple was forced to defended their patents or lose the patents. Well you know what I mean by that. (not a legal expert).
Nope.
Old Nov 25, 2012, 12:08 AM   #40
krravi
macrumors 65816

Patent for rounded rectangles is absurd. I understand Apple's obsession with it since their GUI days with the early mac's but that was again inspired by the windows and furnitures in their office.

So I guess the furniture makers of those days have to file a lawsuit against Apple to begin with.

Well they have lot of cash to burn. Might as well file these endless lawsuits just to scare the other players away.

Windows Phone has a great future if these lawsuits keep piling up.
Old Nov 25, 2012, 12:09 AM   #41
2IS
macrumors 68000

Quote:
Originally Posted by krravi View Post
Patent for rounded rectangles is absurd. I understand Apple's obsession with it since their GUI days with the early mac's but that was again inspired by the windows and furnitures in their office.

So I guess the furniture makers of those days have to file a lawsuit against Apple to begin with.

Well they have lot of cash to burn. Might as well file these endless lawsuits just to scare the other players away.

Windows Phone has a great future if these lawsuits keep piling up.
They should burn that cash by funding some R&D into better battery chemistry.
Old Nov 25, 2012, 12:28 AM   #42
wikus
Banned

Apple could win all of the lawsuits and it still won't convince me to use a gimped mobile device like an iPhone.
wikus is offline   8 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 25, 2012, 12:30 AM   #43
turtlez
Banned

Just because Macrumors chooses to publicise these lawsuits very often it doesn't mean Apple is in the wrong... lol

Apple have lawyers for a reason, not just decoration..
Apple make products for their own fame not others..

you can see how these things start to make sense right?

stop WHINING!

----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by wikus View Post
Apple could win all of the lawsuits and it still won't convince me to use a gimped mobile device like an iPhone.
Gimped? It does what it is supposed to do, how is that Gimped? Do you need your mobile phone to be able to make a sandwich for you? I would prefer the iPhone looks over the Sandwich Maker SIV
turtlez is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 25, 2012, 12:35 AM   #44
2IS
macrumors 68000

Quote:
Originally Posted by turtlez View Post
Just because Macrumors chooses to publicise these lawsuits very often it doesn't mean Apple is in the wrong... lol

Apple have lawyers for a reason, not just decoration..
Apple make products for their own fame not others..

you can see how these things start to make sense right?

stop WHINING!

----------

Gimped? It does what it is supposed to do, how is that Gimped? Do you need your mobile phone to be able to make a sandwich for you? I would prefer the iPhone looks over the Sandwich Maker SIV
I don't see how anything you said makes sense in the context of this thread tbh
Old Nov 25, 2012, 12:55 AM   #45
mrsir2009
macrumors 604

Celebrating the second anniversary.
mrsir2009 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 25, 2012, 01:04 AM   #46
thasan
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Switchback666 View Post
Nope.
Nope nope.

----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by wikus View Post
Curious, what do you use for mobile and computing needs?

----------

Oh the annual convention of Ts from the other side all excited about this thread. welcome.. Welcome
thasan is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 25, 2012, 01:20 AM   #47
Oletros
macrumors 603

The show goes on.

We need another Posner judge to slap both of them
Old Nov 25, 2012, 02:00 AM   #48
xofruitcake
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yahrghrr View Post
Stop Apple, just stop... give me a better UI experience! Focus on innovation, not litigation.
heh heh, the lawsuit has nothing to do with users like us. It is a way to divide the profit from all the mobile computing. Whoever own more of the IP will get more of the spoils. Microsoft is already shaped up to be the big winner even thought they have not done much on mobile deivce (and Surface and Window 8 looks to be a non-event in the mobile world right now). There are quite a few Android vendors signed cross licensing agreement with Microsoft and pay anywhere between $5 to $15 a handset for Microsoft IP right. Apple and Samsung is just trying to follow Microsoft footstep and try to decide who own what right. So get off the high horse about UI. If the UI is so bad why is so many people are buying Iphone, Ipad, Itouch etc. Changing UI just because it is around for a while is a bad idea. Just look at Window 8, it piss off so many users familiar with Window 7 that it looks to have a tough road to get user to accept the new UI.
xofruitcake is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 25, 2012, 02:06 AM   #49
theanimaster
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by mchoffa View Post
I wish they could just come to an agreement and start focusing on making products
What makes you think they aren't focusing on new products? Apple's product team etc. etc. and legal department are two different things.
theanimaster is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 25, 2012, 02:07 AM   #50
anthony11
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5aga View Post
Wonder why iOS 6 was so blah and lacked major features? .
What major features does it lack?
anthony11 is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > News and Article Discussion > MacRumors.com News Discussion