Go Back   MacRumors Forums > News and Article Discussion > MacRumors.com News Discussion

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old Nov 25, 2012, 02:56 PM   #126
Switchback666
macrumors 65816
 
Switchback666's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Caribbean
I allready got used to these storys, never bother me anyway not sure why people so salty

Anyway none of these companys will fail, sooner or later there will be some closure to these.
__________________
What is The B.D.S Movement ? Check it out !
FREEDOM, JUSTICE & EQUALITY !
Switchback666 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 25, 2012, 03:37 PM   #127
iGrip
Banned
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Send a message via ICQ to iGrip Send a message via AIM to iGrip Send a message via MSN to iGrip Send a message via Yahoo to iGrip Send a message via Skype™ to iGrip
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveSparks View Post
Apple tired to settle with Samsung. Samsung rejected all offers and refused to go into binding arbitration. Apple has changed it attitude and Samsung has turned into the problem child not Apple.
Do you think that Apple offered to license all of the allegedly infringing tech at reasonable rates?

Or what?

Remember that this is the same Apple General Counsel's office that has been responsible for a string of losses all over the world, including entire cases getting thrown out of court.
iGrip is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 25, 2012, 03:44 PM   #128
jctevere
macrumors regular
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by iGrip View Post
Do you think that Apple offered to license all of the allegedly infringing tech at reasonable rates?

Or what?

Remember that this is the same Apple General Counsel's office that has been responsible for a string of losses all over the world, including entire cases getting thrown out of court.
Considering that Apple entered into a licensing agreement with HTC, the rates must have been reasonable (and we will find out as Apple has to disclose this information to Samsung). Something leads me to believe that Apple isn't being as "unruly" as everyone makes them out to be.

Not to mention, everyone calls out Apple for defending their patents - but fail to recognize Samsung is also firing at Apple patent infringement claims of their own.
jctevere is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 25, 2012, 03:45 PM   #129
Truffy
macrumors 6502a
 
Truffy's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: somewhere outside your window...
Ffs!

Apple and others STOP SUING EACH OTHER THE ONLY WINNERS ARE THE GODDAM LAWYERS
__________________
Too much stuff
Not enough stuff
Truffy is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 25, 2012, 03:47 PM   #130
deanbo
macrumors regular
 
Join Date: May 2003
Great...

Quote:
Originally Posted by bennyboy34 View Post
Great, at least 2 more years of lawsuit stories on MacRumors.
Yup, let's have a war to see who can out sue each other...
deanbo is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 25, 2012, 03:48 PM   #131
louis Fashion
macrumors 6502a
 
louis Fashion's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Arizona, USA
MacRumors Leadership Take Note

Ok, the posters have spoken. Move the law suit postings to another area.
We care about tech, we care about product advancement, we do not care about endless legal BS.


Please.
__________________
A good traveler has no fixed plans, and is not intent on arriving. - Lao Tzu
louis Fashion is offline   4 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 25, 2012, 03:56 PM   #132
MacDav
Banned
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by xraydoc View Post
Apple is going to eventually lose. An Asian company trying to save face is going to be relentless. And despite all the money Apple has, Samsung is basically supported by the Korean government.
Apple will lose not just a battle or two, but will lose the entire war? Money and wounded pride will ultimately be the deciding factors, and end in triumph? I certainly hope you're wrong. No, you must be wrong.
MacDav is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 25, 2012, 03:57 PM   #133
Rocketman
macrumors 603
 
Rocketman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Claremont, CA
It is instructive to see the tactics Samsung is using so that narrow band of folks who purchase on ethics have the necessary information to do so.

It also aids investors to understand the fervor of Apple Legal.

And need I say, "Steve said so."

Rocketman
__________________
Think Different-ly!
All 357 R or D House jobs bills over 4 years died in the D Senate, ordered by the D President. Buy a model rocket here: http://v-serv.com/usr/instaship-visual.htm Thanks.
Rocketman is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 25, 2012, 04:06 PM   #134
Plutonius
macrumors 601
 
Plutonius's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: New Hampshire
Quote:
Originally Posted by Piggie View Post
Because companies like this (Apple) will do things to damage the choice YOU, I, and EVERYONE here has, in their attempt to maximize their profits at the expense of anything else.

The last thing anyone should ever want is Apple in control of anything.

Consumers and the world need a free and open market always
That's business 101. Companies don't owe you anything. Companies are in and should be in business to maximize profit. They are not in business to give you choices or make you happy. That's why governments have laws to restrict what companies can do in the pursuit of profits. It goes both ways though and companies are allowed to exercise their rights to sue other businesses that they believe are stealing their intellectual property. In fact, if a business was not trying to protect its intellectual property, it would be considered to be a criminal act against it's shareholders.

If you dislike a companies actions, you have the right to not buy their products and if enough people don't by their products, they go out of business. That is your right as a consumer.

----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by louis Fashion View Post
Ok, the posters have spoken. Move the law suit postings to another area.
We care about tech, we care about product advancement, we do not care about endless legal BS.


Please.
This is still news and belongs on the front page. Also, just because it's there, doesn't mean you have to read it.
Plutonius is offline   2 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 25, 2012, 04:22 PM   #135
apolloa
macrumors 601
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Switchback666 View Post
They didnt copy ANYTHING because if they did then apple is guilty of copy grids of icons among other things.....
As I said, it's not my problem if you choose to ignore facts, the facts that have transpired due to these law suits, and the copying of the interface etc has to do with more then a grid layout even though it that was a blatant design copy of the iPhones grid layout.
__________________
RIP Jasper, 2000 - 2014
You made our lives special
apolloa is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 25, 2012, 04:29 PM   #136
Renzatic
macrumors 604
 
Renzatic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Who puts the washers in the woods?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Plutonius View Post
That's business 101. Companies don't owe you anything.
Wrong. Companies owe you everything, and should bend over backwards to kiss your ass (within reason, of course). Without you, a company is nothing more than an interesting period of activity shortly before bankruptcy.
Renzatic is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 25, 2012, 04:32 PM   #137
Switchback666
macrumors 65816
 
Switchback666's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Caribbean
Quote:
Originally Posted by apolloa View Post
As I said, it's not my problem if you choose to ignore facts, the facts that have transpired due to these law suits, and the copying of the interface etc has to do with more then a grid layout even though it that was a blatant design copy of the iPhones grid layout.
Yet to see apple winning against android (google) they didnt copy anything

----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renzatic View Post
Wrong. Companies owe you everything, and should bend over backwards to kiss your ass (within reason, of course). Without you, a company is nothing more than an interesting period of activity shortly before bankruptcy.
While i dont agree 100% those companys are what they are now mostly because of us the consumers.
__________________
What is The B.D.S Movement ? Check it out !
FREEDOM, JUSTICE & EQUALITY !
Switchback666 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 25, 2012, 04:36 PM   #138
BTW
macrumors 6502
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Why they don't settle and cross license is beyond me. The current generation of Galaxy phones don't look anything like the iPhones. The iPhone icons copied the Blackberry layout anyway. Microsoft is the only phone set OS maker that went a different direction.

Save everyone the headache of reading these lawsuit headlines and settle guys!
__________________
Tory Hagen
Break the Wedge!
BTW is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 25, 2012, 04:36 PM   #139
Tech198
macrumors 601
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Australia, Perth
Do people reckon this will ever stop between these two companies ?

Lets here about Motorola instead..... Now that WOULD be news.

In much the same way Apple did for Microsoft to agree not to sue each other, "this" is where it would gain value..
__________________
13" MBPR, i5, 256Gig SDD, 8 Gig Ram, Apple TV, iPhone 5S 16Gig, iPad 4th Gen 16Gig, Mac Mini 2.3Ghz i7, 1TB HD
"There are no stupid questions, just stupid people."
Tech198 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 25, 2012, 04:41 PM   #140
MacDav
Banned
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by Piggie View Post
Because companies like this (Apple) will do things to damage the choice YOU, I, and EVERYONE here has, in their attempt to maximize their profits at the expense of anything else.

The last thing anyone should ever want is Apple in control of anything.

Consumers and the world need a free and open market always
Apple doesn't want free and open markets? Apple wants to run and control your life? Take off the tin foil hat and focus your concern where it belongs...On Government. Apple designs consumer electronics. The Government is in the business of running your life. Pay attention.
MacDav is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 25, 2012, 04:45 PM   #141
Renzatic
macrumors 604
 
Renzatic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Who puts the washers in the woods?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Switchback666 View Post
While i dont agree 100% those companys are what they are now mostly because of us the consumers.
That's why I threw the "within reason" bit in there. Every company owes you a good, working, and reliable product. Basically, the owe you what you paid for.

Apple's generally been pretty good about this. Though some of their practices with iOS recently have pissed me off a bit, they're still one of the more reliable companies out there.

But the moment they're no longer reliable...
Renzatic is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 25, 2012, 05:25 PM   #142
roasted
macrumors member
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr-Stabby View Post
I think at this point, a news article should be posted on MacRumors' front page when there ISN'T an Apple patent lawsuit going on. THAT would be news!!
BAM! This comment is such a win.
roasted is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 25, 2012, 06:09 PM   #143
xofruitcake
macrumors 6502a
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by steve119 View Post
I'm laughing at the fact that everyone else is making daft claims over who is right or wrong and yet the guy/girl above here is putting evidence on the table for all to see, and yet everyone are blind to this.

If you are going to make blind or stupid claims over who stole what, then read this dudes transcripts a few pages back and then try to make an educated argument please.
heh heh, I don't think you read your own post. It is not whether we make the judgement of who is right or wrong in the court case. It is the fact that Apple has to right to bring anyone to the court if they think their patent is violated. The court will make the determination. you don't seems to think Apple has the right to even bring the case to court. I at least spend my last 10 months following what Apple did including the court case. How much time has you spend in understanding the global nature of the patent litigation between different mobile players and where we stand now?
xofruitcake is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 25, 2012, 06:47 PM   #144
Rogifan
macrumors G3
 
Rogifan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Wonder if MR will find this front page worthy?

http://allthingsd.com/20121125/were-...ads-for-ipads/
__________________
"I have a very optimistic view of individuals. As individuals, people are inherently good. I have a somewhat more pessimistic view of people in groups." -- Steve Jobs , Wired interview
Rogifan is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 25, 2012, 06:58 PM   #145
nia820
macrumors 6502a
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by spyguy10709 View Post
Everyone, even I, has been hating on Apple for all these lawsuits recently.

But think about it for a second. Apple invented the core technologies behind these devices, it doesn't matter if it's "old news" or a "tired story"... It's Apple fighting for innovation.
those new devices they added do not give the ios experience. there is a huge difference between using an iphone and a galaxy s3. so apple cannot sue them for ripping them off. and the samsung galaxy s3 is probably samsung's most innovated phone. a lot of the features is samsung's own technology.

if apple wants to fight for innovation how about they change the interface of ios that has been the same sine 2007.

dont get me wrong i like apple products. im typing this right now on my macbook pro. but apple is losing their touch when it comes to smartphones. the iphone is falling flat and boring. android phones have caught up. and they bring more advanced features than ios. iphone isn't the most advanced smartphone anymore.
nia820 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 25, 2012, 07:11 PM   #146
steveOooo
macrumors 6502
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: (UK) Hampshire / London
Boring*

*In a Homer Simpson tone

Any news on a new anorexic Thunderbolt retina Display WWDC 2013 reveal or sooner? Come on jonnie, I'm bored of my hp 24" and want a matte super apple Cinema Display - Please take my money!
steveOooo is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 25, 2012, 07:58 PM   #147
marksman
Banned
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Another cool billion for apple.

At least most of the others who stole from apple agreed to deals with apple. Not steally mcthief rob though, nope.

Red Dawn Samsung!
marksman is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 25, 2012, 07:59 PM   #148
macfacts
macrumors 6502
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by jctevere View Post
...

Not to mention, everyone calls out Apple for defending their patents - but fail to recognize Samsung is also firing at Apple patent infringement claims of their own.
More like people don't like that Apple somehow got a government monopoly on rectangles or page turn animations.
macfacts is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 25, 2012, 08:06 PM   #149
marksman
Banned
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by mchoffa View Post
I wish they could just come to an agreement and start focusing on making products
Apple has demonstrated an ability and willingness to come to agreements with others who stole from them. Seems Samsung is the problem.

----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Switchback666 View Post
Who throw the first stone and continued till these day ?
Samsung when they copied the iPhone?

Cha Ching. Apple needs new revenue streams. Samsung judgments will be their newest revenue stream.

----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2IS View Post
There comes a point where suing becomes easier than innovation. Clearly, Apple thinks they have reached that point. Take the last, oh I don't know... 3 years? Add up the lawsuits and compare that with the number of innovative products coming out of Cupertino in the same time period.
That point comes way after copying instead of innovating. It is funny you think people say apple should just innovate instead of protect their previous innovations.

That is a failure of logic on an epic scale.
marksman is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 25, 2012, 08:17 PM   #150
rdlink
macrumors 68000
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogifan View Post
Good god this is getting ridiculous. Both companies need to grow the %#^! up and end this nonsense now.

Oh and MR needs some kind of "back page" where these legal stories can be posted. They're so silly now they're not even worth commenting on.
Yet you did...
rdlink is offline   0 Reply With Quote

Reply
MacRumors Forums > News and Article Discussion > MacRumors.com News Discussion

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Similar Threads
thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Jury Finds Both Apple and Samsung Guilty of Patent Infringement, Samsung to Pay $119.6 Million, Apple to Pay $158,400 MacRumors MacRumors.com News Discussion 609 May 23, 2014 05:53 PM
Apple and Samsung File List of Patent Claims and Accused Products Ahead of Second U.S. Patent Lawsuit MacRumors MacRumors.com News Discussion 41 Feb 6, 2014 04:58 AM
Judge Invalidates Two Samsung Patent Claims Ahead of Second Patent Lawsuit with Apple MacRumors MacRumors.com News Discussion 60 Jan 23, 2014 01:31 PM
Wi-LAN Loses Patent Infringement Lawsuit Against Apple MacRumors iOS Blog Discussion 34 Oct 27, 2013 09:19 AM
DRM Software Development Company Intertrust Files Lawsuit Against Apple for Patent Infringement MacRumors MacRumors.com News Discussion 90 Mar 24, 2013 07:31 AM

Forum Jump

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:34 AM.

Mac Rumors | Mac | iPhone | iPhone Game Reviews | iPhone Apps

Mobile Version | Fixed | Fluid | Fluid HD
Copyright 2002-2013, MacRumors.com, LLC