Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPad

Old Nov 24, 2012, 09:49 PM   #1
EMAN19
macrumors 6502

iPad / iPad mini usage

Hey all,

My iPad mini is my first ever iPad. I've had it for about 2-3 weeks now and I simply cannot put it down. When I get home from work and unwind it's the first thing I grab when 8PM hits, and I shut it down at 2AM. That's 6 hours (give or take) of use per night. There's intermittent breaks here and there for the odd snack, but damn! I didn't think I'd like this gadget this much.

How much use does your iPad / iPad mini get on an average day? How do you new adopters feel?
EMAN19 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 24, 2012, 10:05 PM   #2
CandyNJ66
macrumors regular

I'm an iPad veteran and I almost always grab my Mini when I wake up. When I get home, I pick it up again to check email, FB etc.

After dinner, chat with friends & TV, I once again use my iPad Mini, sometimes until after 1 am or so even though I have to get up early.

I use my Mini just as much as my iPad 4 when I had it and maybe even more!
In total, I use it for several hours daily.
Old Nov 24, 2012, 10:12 PM   #3
Philalbe
macrumors 6502

I've been using an iPad since the release of the first one. I currently own an iPad 3. I use it constantly. Web browsing on an iPad is addictive I also use it for managing notes and todo lists, as well as for creative writing.
Philalbe is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 25, 2012, 02:53 AM   #4
bagelmaker
macrumors member

This mini is my first ipad too, and I'm shocked at now much I use it. On work days I web browse/play games for a few hours before work. Then I use this during my lunch and usually on break, then again when I get home (often while also watching tv or chatting with my husband.) I'm a night owl, usually up til 3am and I use this during the wee hours to watch Netflix. So probably 6 hours on work days.

On my days off all bets are off. Might use it all day, or if I actually have a social life that day I might only use for a few hours. But I'm usually a homebody, so I could use it 10 hours! Crazy/creepy to think about how much of my time I'm spending on this thing.
bagelmaker is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 25, 2012, 05:22 AM   #5
maflynn

Second iPad for me, but the mini is seeing more usage then my old iPad, as I bring and use it everywhere
maflynn is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 25, 2012, 07:09 AM   #6
Nee412
macrumors regular

Same. The mini is my first iPad. I thought I'd maybe use it as much as my iPhone, but I use it a whole lot more.

Even it being wifi only isn't a draw back with thethering and the amount of free wifi available around town.
Old Nov 25, 2012, 09:17 AM   #7
1rottenapple
macrumors 65816

I had a regular ipad and sold it. I have to say that I'm using the mini waaaaay more than my iPhone 5 and MacBook Air. Love how light it is. I hope they can make it less reflective screen and hopefully retina next yr. I have the 16 gb model with cellular. I hope to definitely bring it out of the house more than my old ipad.

The best part is because its less heavier, I can use it to text other iMessage users. I wish I can get am alert when I get a phone call via the mini.
Old Nov 25, 2012, 10:16 AM   #8
ScottNWDW
macrumors 6502a

Send a message via MSN to ScottNWDW
I've been using an iPad since it was first released, when I bought my iPad 1 at 32GB. In July I was lucky enough to win a 16GB iPad 3 and passed my original iPad on to my partner. I used my iPads everyday and I carried it in my backpack to many places and take it to work for use on lunch or breaks. It has become a part of my everyday life.

Now the mini comes out and I bought myself the black/slate in 64GB. I found that the 16GB was a bit confining having had a 32GB prior, but considering I won the iPad 3 I can't complain. Since getting the iPad mini just 2 weeks ago, i have actually only turned on the iPad 3 about a handful of times. The iPad mini goes with me everywhere. When I go to work, having the lighter backpack is great. The added space is great too as is the added memory space on the device.
Old Nov 25, 2012, 10:41 AM   #9
noteple
macrumors 6502a

The only use my iPad 3 is getting is when the mini is on the charger.
noteple is offline   1 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPad