Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone

Old Dec 10, 2012, 03:50 PM   #1
missa2152
macrumors newbie

iphone showing a USB cord and itunes logo, won't start.

Two days ago my iphone happened to have some water damage occur to it. Initially the speaker wouldn't work- nor the home button.

Today I woke up and the speaker now works, not the home button.
My phone died, and when I went to charge a USB cord and an arrow pointing to the itunes logo came up. I followed the instructions and did a restore, and once I was able to turn on the phone. Now, after charging a second time, the same problem, except I'm not able to get past this screen. Every five minutes or so the black apple screen comes up as if it is trying to load my settings, but immediately goes back to the USB screen asking me to synch to itunes.

The home button still isn't working so I'm not finding any way around this.
Any advice? Thank you!
missa2152 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 10, 2012, 04:42 PM   #2
HankHowdy
macrumors 68000

Keep trying to restore it until it works and if it doesn't then maybe you damaged it with the water. Have it repaired or buy another phone.
Old Dec 10, 2012, 04:50 PM   #3
andy.barron
macrumors 6502

Firstly ensure you have a backup (or at least one that isn't so long ago before the damage that it matters little) & ensure the phone is completely dried out. Remove the sim, battery & cover etc. & let all of these dry (not connected to each other) in a warm (not hot) environment.

Once you are sure all moisture is gone, put back together & try the restore again. A good url for tips is below:

http://www.ijailbreak.com/how-to/usi...iphone-errors/

Hope that helps & good luck.....
andy.barron is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone