Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

sirpreet

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 24, 2012
Dear All,

Good day,

I have been reading some posts on how to transfer apps from IPAD 1 to IPAD 3. I tried to do the same but still not successful. Can anyone please assist.

My Ipad1 is Jailbroken. It has a lot of apps where i have purchased things, like farm story, etc. As per forum, I did a back up of my ipad1. and transfered apps to the Itunes. Thereafter connected the new Ipad3 to same itunes.

Transfered / Sync of all the apps to the new ipad3 - Apps have got transfered to the new IPAD3 BUT there is nothing in them. Like the farmstory has no points or things which i had on the previous ipad. It is just a new game of farm story.

I have spent a lot of money on these games as mother plays them and these games are at advance stage. But in the new Ipad3, there is nothing. just the game.

Also, i tried to do a restore from the back up of ipad1 to ipad3 --- everytime itune is trying to restore, it says cannot restore as the ipad was disconnected. Where as it wasnt.

I would highly appreciate if someone could please assist.

Rgds,

Sirpreet

Night Spring

macrumors G5
Jul 17, 2008
Unless the games have iCloud support, game data doesn't get transferred.

Not true, all app data should get transferred when you restore from backup. What the OP is describing is very odd. I'd suggest deleting the existing backup, creating a new backup from the iPad 1, then restore the iPad 3 (click the restore button in the summary tab in iTunes), then when the restore is complete and iTunes asks you whether to set up as new or restore from backup, pick the new backup you just made. THEN WALK AWAY AND DO NOT TOUCH IPAD until restore and sync is totally complete. This may take a few hours, depending on the number of apps and media you have to sync.

GIZBUG

macrumors 68020
Oct 28, 2006
Chicago, IL
Not true, all app data should get transferred when you restore from backup. What the OP is describing is very odd. I'd suggest deleting the existing backup, creating a new backup from the iPad 1, then restore the iPad 3 (click the restore button in the summary tab in iTunes), then when the restore is complete and iTunes asks you whether to set up as new or restore from backup, pick the new backup you just made. THEN WALK AWAY AND DO NOT TOUCH IPAD until restore and sync is totally complete. This may take a few hours, depending on the number of apps and media you have to sync.

I am in the process of doing the same thing as the OP.

When I restore my Ipad 1 backup (doesnt have ios 6) to my ipad 3, it will copy all my apps to the ipad 3?

Night Spring

macrumors G5
Jul 17, 2008
I am in the process of doing the same thing as the OP.

When I restore my Ipad 1 backup (doesnt have ios 6) to my ipad 3, it will copy all my apps to the ipad 3?

Yes, it should. Just keep the iPad connected to your computer until everything copies.

GIZBUG

macrumors 68020
Oct 28, 2006
Chicago, IL
I took my wifes Ipad 3, hooked it up to my pc, opened itunes, and restored from backup my ipad 1 backup. Now Im looking at the ipad 3, but none of my apps are on there, all her apps are still on the ipad 3. Do I need to wipe the ipad 3 first, then restore from backup?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.