Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Nhwhazup

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Sep 2, 2010
New Hampshire
So many on these threads have the black iPhones. So my question for all white phone users - what is your favorite case and why.

Cosmos01

macrumors member
Nov 9, 2012
Hands down Belkin Grip Candy Sheer in Teal/Grey since the back is translucent teal so you can see the back of the white iPhone 5 perfectly. Plus the back is matte so there are no fingerprints or watermarking.

I also ordered two HiShop Dual Frame cases (one in black and one in white) that are the same as the Poetic Atmosphere but without the logo on the back. Those should look quite nice on the white iPhone 5.

jbromer

macrumors 6502a
Jul 13, 2008
MD, USA
Speck Candyshell in white/charcoal. Matches perfectly and has enough lip to still stick out over a glass screen shield.

jw6961

macrumors regular
Aug 4, 2010
Orbino Pantera Cinque

Attachments

• OR10403_2__36296_zoom.jpg
    OR10403_2__36296_zoom.jpg
    54.7 KB · Views: 267

millerhifi

macrumors regular
Sep 25, 2012
Los Angeles Ca
Spigen Ultra Thin Air - Soft Clear is the choice case for me at the moment until something else better comes along. This is my 4th different styled case and favorite so far. Doesn't fingerprint, feel and grip is good and doesn't show any dust that is collecting in the side edges between case and chamfer of aluminium. Still keeps styled good looks of iPhone without any bulk added.

PastorJeff

macrumors member
Nov 16, 2012
Currently I swap between the Commuter (Blue & White) and the Belkin Candy Sheer.
I have a Sector 5 on order, so anxiously waiting for that.

Nhwhazup

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Sep 2, 2010
New Hampshire
Spigen Ultra Thin Air - Soft Clear is the choice case for me at the moment until something else better comes along. This is my 4th different styled case and favorite so far. Doesn't fingerprint, feel and grip is good and doesn't show any dust that is collecting in the side edges between case and chamfer of aluminium. Still keeps styled good looks of iPhone without any bulk added.

If you haven't already done so, please share some photos or direct me to the thread if you've ready done so. I have the Spigen Ultra Thin in the white but although I really like the feel of it, the straight white is a little too cool next to the warmer iPhone white. The soft clear might be perfect - hadn't even thought of that one.

Have you tried the Power Support Air? I have that in the white as well and really like it but it has the rubberized coating and I'm concerned it will pick up stains and yellow like all the other soft coatings.

Right now I'm happiest wih the Elago Slim. It's thicker than the Power Support and Spigen. But the color match is perfect and it has a nice tight fit to the phone. The gloss plastic doesn't give much grip but it feels just like the slider case I had for my 4S. That case was awesome - didn't show fingerprints or scratches.

Minhimalism

macrumors 6502a
Jan 6, 2012
Texas
If you haven't already done so, please share some photos or direct me to the thread if you've ready done so. I have the Spigen Ultra Thin in the white but although I really like the feel of it, the straight white is a little too cool next to the warmer iPhone white. The soft clear might be perfect - hadn't even thought of that one.

Have you tried the Power Support Air? I have that in the white as well and really like it but it has the rubberized coating and I'm concerned it will pick up stains and yellow like all the other soft coatings.

Right now I'm happiest wih the Elago Slim. It's thicker than the Power Support and Spigen. But the color match is perfect and it has a nice tight fit to the phone. The gloss plastic doesn't give much grip but it feels just like the slider case I had for my 4S. That case was awesome - didn't show fingerprints or scratches.

Ahhh could you please share pictures of your PS Air Jacket? Really wanna see pictures of the white one!

millerhifi

macrumors regular
Sep 25, 2012
Los Angeles Ca

I'll try and load some pictures at some point today but I'm sure someone has already posted pics somewhere here. I'll see if I can find some.
Yes, the PS Air Jacket - Clear was my second case. I liked it but after a few days I could see the dust collecting in the edges and the slippery effect wasn't great. It would get somewhat of a sweaty feel between my fingers and hard clear plastic that bothered me (I don't get that feeling on the soft clear case finish). I also didn't care for the open edge around the headphone jack. Somewhat of a sharp edge that I kept catching my micro fiber cloth on and it was tearing it. I also prefer an opening at the top and bottom unlike the PS Air because that leaves an area where I can wipe the dust off of the screen and it removes it as apposed to it just getting trapped in the chamfered edge and I see it collecting there. Not the easiest case to remove every couple of days to clean the phone & case off. I was actually taking my vacuum cleaner with a crevis tool to attempt to suck the dust out of the edge then realized I was taking it a bit too far and "I was out of control". lol :D

MarkCooz

macrumors 6502a
Jul 12, 2009
California

I have the Spigen Leather Grip. So nice. Very premium looking. Anything Spigen/SGP is really nice for the iPhone 5, you could give the Poetic Atmosphere a try or a cheaper alternative The HiShop Dual Frame (Same Case) tons of color.

I saw this video on the Ultra Thin (Soft Clear) very tempting!! :p

I might buy it tomorrow. Since i'll have my check then.

Nhwhazup

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Sep 2, 2010
New Hampshire
Miller- how is the soft clear holding up as far as scratches go? The review video talked about scratches showing after a week.

millerhifi

macrumors regular
Sep 25, 2012
Los Angeles Ca
Miller- how is the soft clear holding up as far as scratches go? The review video talked about scratches showing after a week.

It's been on my phone for a week and still not a flaw on it but I treat my phone "with a case on it" as much as I would if "I didn't have a case on it". I always set it down on a padded surface, note pad, napkin, cloth. I don't toss it around just because it has a case on it.

Nhwhazup

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Sep 2, 2010
New Hampshire
Last one. Sorry for the so-so quality of the photos as I'm using my husband's 4S. Not as good as the 5. ;)

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 283

Nhwhazup

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Sep 2, 2010
New Hampshire
Well my phone is in the Air Jacket until I get a replacement Elago. Bad news is that the bottom corner of the case is really dented bad - dropped the phone in it from a height of over 3 feet on to a tile floor. Good news is the phone is perfect. So the extra thickness and great corner protection did exactly what it was supposed to.

millerhifi

macrumors regular
Sep 25, 2012
Los Angeles Ca
Another photo

It looks really good but I still prefer to see the natural anodized silver finish on the iPhone's back plate and sides. The sides would start to get dirty and have that grayish look for me (where my fingers always grip sides) and I don't know how easy that would be to clean on this particular case but some I've had in the past I was never able to clean (Mophie Juice Pack +) Looked bad after awhile.
I also have the Spigen Glas tR and the combination is awesome. :)

tmgarvey

macrumors member
Sep 27, 2012
South Jersey
Yeah, I'm the one with the b/w Vines case from Twig, and I'm still a happy camper. It's the only one of my cases that doesn't look boring or have extra exposure at the top and bottom that I don't want.

MichaelMidnight

macrumors 6502
Feb 20, 2008
Los Angeles
I'm also currently rockin' a Spigen Ultra Thin Air case but the white one! The clear one showed so many specks but the pure white just screams elegance on the white iPhone 5. Though now I'm figuring out if i want a plastic film cover for a glass one for the front screen.

millerhifi

macrumors regular
Sep 25, 2012
Los Angeles Ca
I'm also currently rockin' a Spigen Ultra Thin Air case but the white one! The clear one showed so many specks but the pure white just screams elegance on the white iPhone 5. Though now I'm figuring out if i want a plastic film cover for a glass one for the front screen.

Go for the Glas tR! So much better.

Roessnakhan

macrumors 68040
Sep 16, 2007
ABQ
I use a CaseCrown case on mine. I have two, a white and a blue one. It is sometimes fun to mix-and-match them. They're low profile, and they give the phone pretty much a similar weight to the iPhone 4S, which made the transition to the 5 much easier.

Attachments

• IMG_1970.jpg
    IMG_1970.jpg
    100.4 KB · Views: 128
  • IMG_1972.jpg
    IMG_1972.jpg
    143.4 KB · Views: 129
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.