Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone

Old Nov 25, 2012, 07:40 PM   #26
chrislaw
macrumors 6502a

Send a message via Yahoo to chrislaw
I bought a white one about a week ago from Verizon... can't seem to find anything wrong with it. Apparently there is, I just can't seem to find it.
Twitter - @ceegeelawrence Instagram - @ceegeelawrence
chrislaw is offline   5 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 25, 2012, 07:41 PM   #27
utahusker
macrumors member

I also bought a week 45 this on Black friday that's flawless as far as I can tell. That said, I'm not looking for any flaws
utahusker is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 25, 2012, 07:41 PM   #28
numberforty1
macrumors 6502

5 phones????

maybe it's not the phone that's the problem...
Old Nov 25, 2012, 08:12 PM   #29
Chuck-Norris
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by AutoUnion39 View Post
Jesus christ. People like OP give Apple fans a bad name. 5 phones, really? Is someone gonna die because your beloved iPhone has a scuff on the back of it?
So paying 900 dollars for something that should be flawless means nothing?

Nice input "fanboy"
Chuck-Norris is offline   5 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 25, 2012, 08:20 PM   #30
greenchiliman
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattMJB0188 View Post
After going through nearly 15 4S's three iPhone 5s was not bad.

So many people are using iPhones that have flaws and don't even know. Apple could save itself a lot of money if they simply upped quality control. Maybe that's what they're doing as my iphone 5 was made this month.
Actually that's how apple is making money. If 99.9% of people don't notice, then they take the ones you don't like and resell as refurbs, and 99.9% of those people don't complain, they still make a ton of money.
greenchiliman is offline   2 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 25, 2012, 08:37 PM   #31
psylence2k
macrumors member

Only problem I have with mine is the yellow tint

Does anyone know if the newer shipments of 5's currently coming in and being sold have more regular or "blue" tint screens instead of the mostly yellow batches at launch ??

I've been planning to try an exchange but wanted to wait until the first wave had been sold and hopefully the new wave would have more "blue" screens.

Anyone know??
psylence2k is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 25, 2012, 08:44 PM   #32
AutoUnion39
macrumors 68030

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck-Norris View Post
So paying 900 dollars for something that should be flawless means nothing?

Nice input "fanboy"
If you paid $900 for a unlocked iPhone 5, you're doing something wrong...
AutoUnion39 is offline   3 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 25, 2012, 08:48 PM   #33
syd430

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetlagged View Post
until my case arrives wednesday this week, i'll sport my iphone 4 for now. now time to play with the phone itself and see if everything works, which i'm sure will be fine.
Too bad your case is going to scratch the anodised coating far more than using it without a case.

Also, if you're not going to use it until your case arrives, then honestly thats just sad and you probably shouldn't be buying a device that you can't afford in the first place.
  1 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 25, 2012, 08:56 PM   #34
jetlagged
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by syd430 View Post
Too bad your case is going to scratch the anodised coating far more than using it without a case.

Also, if you're not going to use it until your case arrives, then honestly thats just sad and you probably shouldn't be buying a device that you can't afford in the first place.
who said i cant afford it? FACED!!!!!

no you're right in all seriousness i only bought it coz its apple, its like a fashion accessory, owning an iphone 5 is the cool thing to have, chicks dig it, and i take them home that night and all is good.
jetlagged is offline   2 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 25, 2012, 09:01 PM   #35
Johnnygogo
macrumors member

Wow. Just. Wow.
Johnnygogo is offline   2 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 25, 2012, 09:21 PM   #36
firedept
macrumors Demi-God

Is this for real or just a joke.? OCD is curable.
firedept is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 25, 2012, 09:34 PM   #37
AFDoc
macrumors 68000

Quote:
Originally Posted by dialed1 View Post
No just check yourself in or seek counseling
This. A phone seems to be the least of your worries.

Quote:
Originally Posted by darster View Post
They all worked! Just a few scuffs. Anyone that would return an item, not once, not twice, not 3, not 4, but 5 or more times because of a few scuffs is not mentally balanced. This is a true first world problem, and people who are so hung up on the looks of a damn phone, have serious issues in life.
and this
AFDoc is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 25, 2012, 09:45 PM   #38
ixodes
macrumors 601

Quote:
Originally Posted by WashupDawg View Post
My advice: live with it, if its small cosmetic things.
I strongly disagree with this Approach. Why is it OK for Apple to advertise their "magical & revolution" products, hyping them over the moon, then deliver mediocrity at best.

Here's why.

No one holds Apple accountable.

If people come to the store, Apple pacifies them with a replacement, paid for by us. They look good in doing so, all because it appears to be "free". Nothing is free, yet those who don't know any better think Apples so kind.

It's quite the game they run on us buyers.
Old Nov 25, 2012, 09:55 PM   #39
Chuck-Norris
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by AFDoc View Post

and this
its an expensive phone.

ur saying u would buy a car with a few nicks and scratches on it? please
Chuck-Norris is offline   2 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 25, 2012, 10:03 PM   #40
JS82712
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck-Norris View Post
its an expensive phone.

ur saying u would buy a car with a few nicks and scratches on it? please
I'd suggest you contact a corporate customer care advisor, they will be able to swap out your phone with a brand new retail boxed one; I'm on my 7th iPhone 5 after having home button issues, screen not sitting flush with the enclosure...etc

It's hilarious to see people attacking android devices for their 'mediocre build quality' and then gets all defensive when someone has problems with what is clearly a manufacturing problem on apple's part.

Don't worry, a lot of apple shareholders are on this forum, and obviously they want you to think everything apple does is magical and perfect.

----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by AFDoc View Post

and this
Do you purchase a $900 watch that comes with scratch on it?

----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by firedept View Post
Is this for real or just a joke.? OCD is curable.
OCD is curable? Well I guess that's still better than apple's incurable greed for shipping out problematic products quickly to maximize profit.
JS82712 is offline   2 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 25, 2012, 10:11 PM   #41
iSensei
Banned

You guys who are bashing Mr. Chuck Norris - you are the ones who cannot afford an iPhone without a contract so zip it. If I get an unlocked one it means I WHOEVER gets it CAN afford it, ok dudes? Last month I got a Tag Heuer 2500$ watch and what did I do when it arrived you ask? I inspected it. Stop bashing ppl who buy full price unlocked just because you're cool with your 200$ subsidized iPhone. Nuff said. Beggars can't be choosers.

Tl;dr - enjoy your 2-3 year locked, subsidized, scuffed up 100-200$ iPhone
iSensei is offline   3 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 25, 2012, 10:24 PM   #42
cpc12
macrumors member

200 or 900 it should be flawless 100%.

I would return 50 if I had to. That is pathetic that apple is shipping damaged units.

The OP is not OCD at all, he deserves a perfect phone.

I have been lucky. Had a 3 4 4s and 5 all were perfect out the box.

Telling someone to put a case on the phone to hide the scratches needs to have there head examined.

Would you buy a new BMW and put a bra on it to hide nose scratches ?

I would call Apple corporate and raise ***** he'll.
cpc12 is offline   5 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 25, 2012, 10:26 PM   #43
iSensei
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpc12 View Post
200 or 900 it should be flawless 100%.

I would return 50 if i had to. That is pathetic that apple is shipping damaged units.

The op is not ocd at all, he deserves a perfect phone.

I have been lucky. Had a 3 4 4s and 5 all were perfect out the box.

Telling someone to put a case on the phone to hide the scratches needs to have there head examined.

Would you buy a new bmw and put a bra on it to hide nose scratches ?

I would call apple corporate and raise ***** he'll.
+1

Read http://www.apple.com/iphone/design/

"It's made with a level of precision you'd expect from a finely crafted watch - not a smartphone"

Translation: iPhone = Rolex of smartphones

Last edited by iSensei; Nov 25, 2012 at 10:33 PM.
iSensei is offline   2 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 25, 2012, 10:33 PM   #44
JS82712
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by iSensei View Post
You guys who are bashing Mr. Chuck Norris - you are the ones who cannot afford an iPhone without a contract so zip it. If I get an unlocked one it means I WHOEVER gets it CAN afford it, ok dudes? Last month I got a Tag Heuer 2500$ watch and what did I do when it arrived you ask? I inspected it. Stop bashing ppl who buy full price unlocked just because you're cool with your 200$ subsidized iPhone. Nuff said. Beggars can't be choosers.

Tl;dr - enjoy your 2-3 year locked, subsidized, scuffed up 100-200$ iPhone
Well said, people who purchase subsidized phones don't feel as much pain because they don't realize how much the damn phone costs; sometimes some Americans are just so dumb

----------

Quote:
+1

Read http://www.apple.com/iphone/design/

"It's made with a level of precision you'd expect from a finely crafted watch - not a smartphone"

Translation: iPhone = Rolex of smartphones
That's quite an insult to Rolex
JS82712 is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 25, 2012, 10:39 PM   #45
iSensei
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by JS82712 View Post
Well said, people who purchase subsidized phones don't feel as much pain because they don't realize how much the damn phone costs; sometimes some Americans are just so dumb

----------

That's quite an insult to Rolex
Lol. No, but seriously the way Jony Ive talks in the commercial...he's setting a very high standard for this phone so people expect them to deliver. Remember to bash the idiots at Foxconn too not just Apple. If only Foxconn was a German factory. I don't think I've ever seen anything of bad quality coming out of Germany but since Apple is American...it's Made in China of course. I remember back in the 80s when Nike was Made in USA. Now THAT was quality unlike today. In other words America is the birthplace of capitalism and capitalism = max profit baby with 0 investment. I remember when Germans wanted to boycott a German company who wanted to move its factory to China so the factory stayed. I think we'll see a breed of flying pigs before we'll see the next Apple product designed in California and made in the USA.
iSensei is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 25, 2012, 10:49 PM   #46
nickchallis92
macrumors 6502

Just buy a Galaxy Note 2 and be done with the poor QC. Better and cheaper and properly next gen
nickchallis92 is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 25, 2012, 10:50 PM   #47
JS82712
Banned

Quote:
Lol. No, but seriously the way Jony Ive talks in the commercial...he's setting a very high standard for this phone so people expect them to deliver. Remember to bash the idiots at Foxconn too not just Apple. If only Foxconn was a German factory. I don't think I've ever seen anything of bad quality coming out of Germany but since Apple is American...it's Made in China of course. I remember back in the 80s when Nike was Made in USA. Now THAT was quality unlike today. In other words America is the birthplace of capitalism and capitalism = max profit baby with 0 investment. I remember when Germans wanted to boycott a German company who wanted to move its factory to China so the factory stayed. I think we'll see a breed of flying pigs before we'll see the next Apple product designed in California and made in the USA.
Yup definitely miss the good ol days when you can purchase a product and actually feel good about its quality. But as Steve said once to Obama, "those jobs simply aren't coming back".

Unfortunately, now for apple it's all about having to
Live up to the analyst's expectations, maximize profit, litigate with Samsung

Personally I'm looking forward to the downfall of apple, not because I'm a hater, but I think they've been getting too big and too arrogant over the past few years.
JS82712 is offline   2 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 25, 2012, 10:57 PM   #48
iSensei
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by JS82712 View Post
Yup definitely miss the good ol days when you can purchase a product and actually feel good about its quality. But as Steve said once to Obama, "those jobs simply aren't coming back".

Unfortunately, now for apple it's all about having to
Live up to the analyst's expectations, maximize profit, litigate with Samsung

Personally I'm looking forward to the downfall of apple, not because I'm a hater, but I think they've been getting too big and too arrogant over the past few years.
Don't mean to insult any Chinese but China is a communist country and people are being oppressed by the government. Those poor Foxconn workers are not to blame. They are dirt poor. Chinese quality control < US/EU quality control and correct...we lost Hope now we lost Jobs. Those jobs are not coming back. Guess Korea, the Cold War, Vietnam was all in vain when China overtook Japan as the worlds second largest economy because corporate *****s are pumping jobs into China. Long live Anonymous btw.
iSensei is offline   3 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 25, 2012, 10:57 PM   #49
Ryy
macrumors member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickchallis92 View Post
Just buy a Galaxy Note 2 and be done with the poor QC. Better and cheaper and properly next gen
^What he said.

Very annoying to see people hating on this dude for wanting a flawless new product.

oh, and Samsung GalaxyS3
Ryy is offline   2 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 25, 2012, 10:57 PM   #50
JayLenochiniMac
macrumors 601

Quote:
Remember to bash the idiots at Foxconn too not just Apple. If only Foxconn was a German factory. I don't think I've ever seen anything of bad quality coming out of Germany but since Apple is American...it's Made in China of course.
Agreed 100% I can't believe the stupidity of the idiots at Foxconn who allowed obviously damaged full of nicks and scuffs to make their way into retail boxes.
JayLenochiniMac is offline   1 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone