Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Hamoodi

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 29, 2010
I was wondering how to take off the screen protector that comes with the iPhone 5 Otterbox Defender... I tried the method of putting a piece of tape on the edge, but it didn't work. :confused:

stephen1108

macrumors 65816
Sep 30, 2007
Just pop it out! And when you get one corner of it off, just peel it off slowly and try to get as much glue off as possible. Beware that your case's structure will feel weaker though. It will start to creak and whatnot at the sides.

Hamoodi

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 29, 2010
Just pop it out! And when you get one corner of it off, just peel it off slowly and try to get as much glue off as possible. Beware that your case's structure will feel weaker though. It will start to creak and whatnot at the sides.

I think there is a misunderstanding.My case is 2 piece but it came with an adhesive screen protector. I applied it but got some better ones in the mail but this one wont come off

romeo.xk

macrumors 6502a
Mar 26, 2009
It sounds to me as if you do not have the the commuter, and not the defender.

I also had a hard time removing the screen protector that came with my commuter, just use some strong scotch tape and use it to pull the screen protector, I had to try a few times till it finally came off...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.