Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Böle

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 25, 2012
Hi!

I'm new to this forum, please be kind.

I have a following set-up:

AirPort Express for my home network, also analog sound connection to home stereo system

Apple TV 3, connected wireless to APe

iPhone and iPad streaming music to aTV and APe.

I'm having trouble streaming music from aTV to APe. Whenever I choose AirPort Express as my AppleTV speakers, the option goes back to aTV.

I am able to stream directly from iPhone/iPad to AirPort Express, but not using the iPhone/iPad --> AppleTV --> AirPort Express --> Home stereo system -route.

As a workaround, I'm using another cable from my television to home stereo, but I'd like to get rid of that.

Any suggestions?

The Mad Hatter

macrumors 6502a
Oct 12, 2004
SoCal
Hi!

I'm new to this forum, please be kind.

I have a following set-up:

AirPort Express for my home network, also analog sound connection to home stereo system

Apple TV 3, connected wireless to APe

iPhone and iPad streaming music to aTV and APe.

I'm having trouble streaming music from aTV to APe. Whenever I choose AirPort Express as my AppleTV speakers, the option goes back to aTV.

I am able to stream directly from iPhone/iPad to AirPort Express, but not using the iPhone/iPad --> AppleTV --> AirPort Express --> Home stereo system -route.

As a workaround, I'm using another cable from my television to home stereo, but I'd like to get rid of that.

Any suggestions?

The question is, why would you want to involve the ATV3 at all if you are trying to stream from iPhone/iPad > APEX > home stereo? Is there a reason you need to add the ATV into the mix?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.