Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Big Stevie

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jun 20, 2012
UK
Is it possible to assign different colours for different events?

For example, I have inputted all my work shifts onto Calendar and I would like to be able to use a colour scheme to differentiate between my day shifts, night shifts and days off at a glance.

Thanks.

Big Stevie

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jun 20, 2012
UK
Yes, well kind of. Currently all my entries are in blue, but I want to show my day shifts (8x6) in green, night shifts 6x2) in blue, days off (WL) in yellow and pay day in orange... etc.

Do I need to create different calendars for each type of event? Heres a screen shot of a typical month in my Calendar..

ScreenShot2012-11-25at234427.png

Last edited:
Nov 28, 2010
located
Then assign a colour to it via editing the event or adding a new calendar (if the option is still there).

PS: For images wider than 800 pixel, please use the TIMG tags instead of the IMG tags by just adding a T in front of the [IMG] and closing [/IMG] tag, like [img] and [/img] to prevent horizontal scrolling.
You can use the
edit.gif
to edit your images and add the Ts.

Big Stevie

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jun 20, 2012
UK
Thanks.

When highlighting an event and clicking on edit > edit event I get the following box that doesnt seem to give me an option of editing the colour..

info.png

If I create a new calendar for my shifts, then wont I only be able to choose a colour for the whole calendar, and not individual events?

Big Stevie

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jun 20, 2012
UK
Thanks, your right there is a colour symbol next to where it says 'calendar' but it cant be changed. It just seems to be a colour that designates that its an iCloud calendar?

I'll have a play around with creating new calendars. I guess I will have to delete my current events and then create a new calendar for day shifts, a new calendar for night shifts and so on... whilst assigning a different colour for each?

----------

I think Ive cracked it by creating new calendars as you suggested for each of my different work shifts, and then assigning a colour to each calendar type.

Ill continue doing some more editing and see how it goes:)

Thank you.

colour.png

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.