Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > OS X > OS X 10.8 Mountain Lion

Old Nov 26, 2012, 05:26 AM   #1
KarlJay
macrumors 6502a

Can't buy Mountain Lion (appstore login error)

A few weeks ago, I went to buy Mountain Lion and I wasn't allowed because of my SL version (10.6.7). It required an update. So I updated and it broke my Hackintosh.

So I got things working again (MB Bios update/etc) and it running. Now, I got to buy ML and it gave me an "unknown error" when logging into the AppStore, but I am logged into iTunes and it shows me my account balance. This error is NOT a password/user id error.

So, I found a posting where someone had the same problem. On advice from Apple tech, he setup a separate account, so that's what I did.

I got the new account information setup, email confirmed, setup a PayPal instant pay agreement, got the confirmation from PayPal and now with I click 'Continue' on the Review Payment Information screen, it says "Your request is temporarily unable to be processed, Please try again later" I've tried several times over several hours... No Luck

Q. Does Apple allow two AppleId's on the same computer (with different emails)

Q. I used the different AppleId's (email addresses) but the Real Name is the same, I don't want to use a fake name because I'm also a paid Apple Developer. They allowed the second account to be setup, could this be because of the same name/address being used?

Does anyone know how to setup a separate Apple account on the same computer?

Any help would be great, thanks! KarlJay.
KarlJay is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 26, 2012, 05:56 AM   #2
KarlJay
macrumors 6502a

I noticed a red message about PayPal not being attached to a debit card, so I used a separate credit card and it still gave me the same message
"Your request is temporarily unable to be processed, Please try again later"

Can I buy an iTunes gift card and setup a new account using that without using my real name and address, or is the an issue of using the same computer and maybe the detect that it's a Hackintosh.
Old Nov 26, 2012, 06:17 PM   #3
KarlJay
macrumors 6502a

Just tried a purchase with iTunes and it works, the same account gives me an "unknown error" when trying to login to AppStore, and I can't find ML in iTunes!

MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > OS X > OS X 10.8 Mountain Lion