Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Archive > Wasteland

Closed Thread

Old Nov 26, 2012, 06:06 AM   #1
daantje22
macrumors newbie

A blue frame around the iPad 4 next to the bezel

hi guys

i owned a white ipad 4, but every time i looked at a white screen i saw a blue frame next to the white bezel.

i haven't got a photo, but i make a drawing of what i mean

http://img856.imageshack.us/img856/9184/37729279.png

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

i returned the ipad 4, but got another one who has the same problem and i also returned it

someone familiair with this problem?
daantje22 is offline   0
Old Nov 26, 2012, 10:16 AM   #2
daantje22
macrumors newbie

anyone?
daantje22 is offline   1
Old Nov 26, 2012, 10:18 AM   #3
GoCubsGo
macrumors Nehalem

Wow, 3 whole hours to get an answer. Look, can you upload a photo of the actual issue? Drawing what you think you see doesn't do any good buddy. And don't bump your thread.
GoCubsGo is offline   0
Old Nov 26, 2012, 10:22 AM   #4
anubis1980
macrumors member

id say you need a ruler the lines are a bit squiggly.

I think I know what you mean, isn't it a backlight issue? I had one side having a dark blue shadow on it?
anubis1980 is offline   0
Old Nov 26, 2012, 11:26 AM   #5
MultiFinder17
macrumors 65816

A photo of the issue would really help quite a bit. Right now, I'd say your iPad has a bad case of MSPaintitis.
Old Nov 26, 2012, 12:23 PM   #6
puma1552
macrumors 68040

Quote:
Originally Posted by jessica. View Post
Wow, 3 whole hours to get an answer. Look, can you upload a photo of the actual issue? Drawing what you think you see doesn't do any good buddy. And don't bump your thread.
My guess is there is no issue, it's probably the way they are built and not noticeable unless you are looking for a "problem".
puma1552 is offline   0
Old Nov 26, 2012, 12:33 PM   #7
mattopotamus
macrumors 603

someone drew on your ipad....next question?
mattopotamus is offline   0
Old Nov 26, 2012, 12:37 PM   #8
GoCubsGo
macrumors Nehalem

Quote:
Originally Posted by puma1552 View Post
My guess is there is no issue, it's probably the way they are built and not noticeable unless you are looking for a "problem".
That's my guess too. I've never seen anyone actually illustrate a problem that could not be captured with a camera. It is half hilarious.
GoCubsGo is offline   0
Old Nov 26, 2012, 12:41 PM   #9
mattopotamus
macrumors 603

Quote:
That's my guess too. I've never seen anyone actually illustrate a problem that could not be captured with a camera. It is half hilarious.
same....that is like saying "I play angry birds so much that I see them in my everyday life." Then taking a picture of doing something in my life and drawing an angry bird on it..."do you guys see what I mean!"
Old Nov 26, 2012, 01:19 PM   #10
daantje22
macrumors newbie

Quote:
I could take a photo of it if i stil owned them, but i returned them because of this problem

And yes, it was very very visible
My ipad 3 doesn't have that problem

If i surfed on any regular website, i saw a blue frame around the white, it was very disturbing, and was only visible while surfing/watching a white blackground
daantje22 is offline   0
Old Nov 26, 2012, 01:22 PM   #11
mattopotamus
macrumors 603

Quote:
Originally Posted by daantje22 View Post
I could take a photo of it if i stil owned them, but i returned them because of this problem

If i surfed on any regular website, i saw a blue frame around the white, it was very disturbing, and was only visible while surfing/watching a white blackground
maybe the display was too "cool"... a lot of people have been saying their ipad 4 display is warm. I think mine is cool which I like better. Something as noticeable as your drawing though.....not likely
Old Nov 26, 2012, 02:28 PM   #12
GoCubsGo
macrumors Nehalem

Quote:

I fail to understand why you created a thread. If you had this problem, and it is still a big IF and returned the devices, then why would you bother with some silly picture with a blue box that you drew?

This thread seems pointless. My vote is for wasteland.
GoCubsGo is offline   3
Old Nov 26, 2012, 02:42 PM   #13
darngooddesign
macrumors G3

It's like talking to a mechanic and saying that your car makes a grinding noise, trying to make the noise with your mouth and then telling the mechanic that you already sold the car so he can't listen for himself.
Old Nov 26, 2012, 03:44 PM   #14
blackbelter
macrumors member

I see the same problem with my ipad 4. Looks like it is caused by insufficient backlighting close to the edges. I suppose it is built to be so for the sake of reducing production cost.

It does bother me a little bit, but not by much. I guess i can live with that.
blackbelter is offline   0
Old Nov 26, 2012, 03:55 PM   #15
daantje22
macrumors newbie

Omg, why so cranky?
Have you got your period or what??
This is a forum, if you don't like this topic then don't look!

And yes, I wanne know, because if this is a common issue I won't purchase another one.

The 2 iPad 4's I've got were produced in the same DL factory in the same week, so I thought it wasn't a common problem but just bad luck. If this is bad luck and not a common problem then i will buy another iPad 4 later this year.

Quote:
I fail to understand why you created a thread. If you had this problem, and it is still a big IF and returned the devices, then why would you bother with some silly picture with a blue box that you drew?

This thread seems pointless. My vote is for wasteland.

----------

Thank you for your reaction! So I'm not the only one who's got this problem.

I thought that the iPad 3 and 4 got the same screen, but my 3 is flawless and haven't got the blue frame,also I haven't read about this problem so I think it's just bad luck ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackbelter View Post
I see the same problem with my ipad 4. Looks like it is caused by insufficient backlighting close to the edges. I suppose it is built to be so for the sake of reducing production cost.

It does bother me a little bit, but not by much. I guess i can live with that.
daantje22 is offline   0
Old Nov 26, 2012, 03:58 PM   #16
GoCubsGo
macrumors Nehalem

Quote:
Omg, why so cranky?
Have you got your period or what??
This is a forum, if you don't like this topic then don't look!

And yes, I wanne know, because if this is a common issue I won't purchase another one.

The 2 iPad 4's I've got were produced in the same DL factory in the same week, so I thought it wasn't a common problem but just bad luck. If this is bad luck and not a common problem then i will buy another iPad 4 later this year.

----------

Thank you for your reaction! So I'm not the only one who's got this problem.

I thought that the iPad 3 and 4 got the same screen, but my 3 is flawless and haven't got the blue frame,also I haven't read about this problem so I think it's just bad luck ?
The intelligence level of a person can simply be measured on whether or not he asks if a woman is on her period when he doesn't like her responses.

Don't purchase another. You clearly see something we cannot. You couldn't even take a picture before you returned it so you drew a silly box around an image of an iPad. Buy another and if there is a problem, come back with something more than an illustration.
GoCubsGo is offline   0

Closed Thread
MacRumors Forums > Archive > Wasteland