Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Archive > Wasteland

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old Nov 26, 2012, 06:06 AM   #1
daantje22
macrumors newbie
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
A blue frame around the iPad 4 next to the bezel

hi guys

i owned a white ipad 4, but every time i looked at a white screen i saw a blue frame next to the white bezel.

i haven't got a photo, but i make a drawing of what i mean

http://img856.imageshack.us/img856/9184/37729279.png

Uploaded with ImageShack.us



i returned the ipad 4, but got another one who has the same problem and i also returned it

someone familiair with this problem?
daantje22 is offline   0
Old Nov 26, 2012, 10:16 AM   #2
daantje22
Thread Starter
macrumors newbie
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
anyone?
daantje22 is offline   1
Old Nov 26, 2012, 10:18 AM   #3
GoCubsGo
macrumors Nehalem
 
GoCubsGo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Wow, 3 whole hours to get an answer. Look, can you upload a photo of the actual issue? Drawing what you think you see doesn't do any good buddy. And don't bump your thread.
GoCubsGo is offline   0
Old Nov 26, 2012, 10:22 AM   #4
anubis1980
macrumors member
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
id say you need a ruler the lines are a bit squiggly.

I think I know what you mean, isn't it a backlight issue? I had one side having a dark blue shadow on it?
anubis1980 is offline   0
Old Nov 26, 2012, 11:26 AM   #5
MultiFinder17
macrumors 65816
 
MultiFinder17's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Tampa, Florida
A photo of the issue would really help quite a bit. Right now, I'd say your iPad has a bad case of MSPaintitis.
__________________
2011 iMac, iMac G5, 2012 13" rMBP, ThinkPad X200, iPad mini, iPhone 5.
"...But there is one more thing - your patience was worth it. Introducing the PowerBook G5!" - Steve Jobs Hologram @ WWDC 2014
MultiFinder17 is offline   1
Old Nov 26, 2012, 12:23 PM   #6
puma1552
macrumors 68040
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by jessica. View Post
Wow, 3 whole hours to get an answer. Look, can you upload a photo of the actual issue? Drawing what you think you see doesn't do any good buddy. And don't bump your thread.
My guess is there is no issue, it's probably the way they are built and not noticeable unless you are looking for a "problem".
puma1552 is offline   0
Old Nov 26, 2012, 12:33 PM   #7
mattopotamus
macrumors 603
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
someone drew on your ipad....next question?
mattopotamus is offline   0
Old Nov 26, 2012, 12:37 PM   #8
GoCubsGo
macrumors Nehalem
 
GoCubsGo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by puma1552 View Post
My guess is there is no issue, it's probably the way they are built and not noticeable unless you are looking for a "problem".
That's my guess too. I've never seen anyone actually illustrate a problem that could not be captured with a camera. It is half hilarious.
GoCubsGo is offline   0
Old Nov 26, 2012, 12:41 PM   #9
mattopotamus
macrumors 603
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by jessica. View Post
That's my guess too. I've never seen anyone actually illustrate a problem that could not be captured with a camera. It is half hilarious.
same....that is like saying "I play angry birds so much that I see them in my everyday life." Then taking a picture of doing something in my life and drawing an angry bird on it..."do you guys see what I mean!"
mattopotamus is offline   0
Old Nov 26, 2012, 01:19 PM   #10
daantje22
Thread Starter
macrumors newbie
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by jessica. View Post
That's my guess too. I've never seen anyone actually illustrate a problem that could not be captured with a camera. It is half hilarious.
I could take a photo of it if i stil owned them, but i returned them because of this problem

And yes, it was very very visible
My ipad 3 doesn't have that problem

If i surfed on any regular website, i saw a blue frame around the white, it was very disturbing, and was only visible while surfing/watching a white blackground
daantje22 is offline   0
Old Nov 26, 2012, 01:22 PM   #11
mattopotamus
macrumors 603
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by daantje22 View Post
I could take a photo of it if i stil owned them, but i returned them because of this problem

And yes, it was very very visible
My ipad 3 doesn't have that problem

If i surfed on any regular website, i saw a blue frame around the white, it was very disturbing, and was only visible while surfing/watching a white blackground
maybe the display was too "cool"... a lot of people have been saying their ipad 4 display is warm. I think mine is cool which I like better. Something as noticeable as your drawing though.....not likely
mattopotamus is offline   0
Old Nov 26, 2012, 02:28 PM   #12
GoCubsGo
macrumors Nehalem
 
GoCubsGo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by daantje22 View Post
I could take a photo of it if i stil owned them, but i returned them because of this problem

And yes, it was very very visible
My ipad 3 doesn't have that problem

If i surfed on any regular website, i saw a blue frame around the white, it was very disturbing, and was only visible while surfing/watching a white blackground
I fail to understand why you created a thread. If you had this problem, and it is still a big IF and returned the devices, then why would you bother with some silly picture with a blue box that you drew?

This thread seems pointless. My vote is for wasteland.
GoCubsGo is offline   3
Old Nov 26, 2012, 02:42 PM   #13
darngooddesign
macrumors G3
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Atlanta, GA
It's like talking to a mechanic and saying that your car makes a grinding noise, trying to make the noise with your mouth and then telling the mechanic that you already sold the car so he can't listen for himself.
__________________
64 giggity... giggity... gigg-i-ty
Lego Apple Store
darngooddesign is offline   1
Old Nov 26, 2012, 03:44 PM   #14
blackbelter
macrumors member
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
I see the same problem with my ipad 4. Looks like it is caused by insufficient backlighting close to the edges. I suppose it is built to be so for the sake of reducing production cost.

It does bother me a little bit, but not by much. I guess i can live with that.
blackbelter is offline   0
Old Nov 26, 2012, 03:55 PM   #15
daantje22
Thread Starter
macrumors newbie
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Omg, why so cranky?
Have you got your period or what??
This is a forum, if you don't like this topic then don't look!

And yes, I wanne know, because if this is a common issue I won't purchase another one.

The 2 iPad 4's I've got were produced in the same DL factory in the same week, so I thought it wasn't a common problem but just bad luck. If this is bad luck and not a common problem then i will buy another iPad 4 later this year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jessica. View Post
I fail to understand why you created a thread. If you had this problem, and it is still a big IF and returned the devices, then why would you bother with some silly picture with a blue box that you drew?

This thread seems pointless. My vote is for wasteland.


----------

Thank you for your reaction! So I'm not the only one who's got this problem.

I thought that the iPad 3 and 4 got the same screen, but my 3 is flawless and haven't got the blue frame,also I haven't read about this problem so I think it's just bad luck ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackbelter View Post
I see the same problem with my ipad 4. Looks like it is caused by insufficient backlighting close to the edges. I suppose it is built to be so for the sake of reducing production cost.

It does bother me a little bit, but not by much. I guess i can live with that.
daantje22 is offline   0
Old Nov 26, 2012, 03:58 PM   #16
GoCubsGo
macrumors Nehalem
 
GoCubsGo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by daantje22 View Post
Omg, why so cranky?
Have you got your period or what??
This is a forum, if you don't like this topic then don't look!

And yes, I wanne know, because if this is a common issue I won't purchase another one.

The 2 iPad 4's I've got were produced in the same DL factory in the same week, so I thought it wasn't a common problem but just bad luck. If this is bad luck and not a common problem then i will buy another iPad 4 later this year.



----------

Thank you for your reaction! So I'm not the only one who's got this problem.

I thought that the iPad 3 and 4 got the same screen, but my 3 is flawless and haven't got the blue frame,also I haven't read about this problem so I think it's just bad luck ?
The intelligence level of a person can simply be measured on whether or not he asks if a woman is on her period when he doesn't like her responses.

Don't purchase another. You clearly see something we cannot. You couldn't even take a picture before you returned it so you drew a silly box around an image of an iPad. Buy another and if there is a problem, come back with something more than an illustration.
GoCubsGo is offline   0


Closed Thread
MacRumors Forums > Archive > Wasteland

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Similar Threads
thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
All iPads: Do you want a bezel-less iPad? osx11 iPad 26 Feb 1, 2014 06:16 AM
Alleged iPad 5 Front Bezel Photos Show Narrower iPad Mini-Like Sides MacRumors MacRumors.com News Discussion 108 May 20, 2013 10:45 PM
All iPads: Would you like an iPad with no bezel? Mad Mac Maniac iPad 21 Jan 28, 2013 07:46 AM
Using iPad as picture frame without having pics on iPad eg Dropbox or home sharing? madeirabhoy iPad Tips, Help and Troubleshooting 3 Dec 30, 2012 02:00 PM
Blue discoloration on bezel gap ByronBrewer iPhone 12 Dec 24, 2012 04:56 AM

Forum Jump

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:41 PM.

Mac Rumors | Mac | iPhone | iPhone Game Reviews | iPhone Apps

Mobile Version | Fixed | Fluid | Fluid HD
Copyright 2002-2013, MacRumors.com, LLC