Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

The Monday after Black Friday has been dubbed Cyber Monday to reflect a large number of online purchases that takes place on that day. As a result, many retailers continue or begin online sales on Monday. Here's a selection of Apple-relevant Cyber Monday sales.

zagg.jpg
- Zagg - Popular iPhone/iPad accessory maker is offering 20% off Keyboard Cases and 50% off "almost everything else", including their Invisible Shield protection.

hex.jpg
- Hex3 - 25% off two of their products with coupon code "Monday25". First is Jaja ($89.99 -> $67.49), a pressure sensitive stylus for the iPad that allows for 1024 levels of pressure. Interestingly, it uses high frequency sound to communicate with the iPad. The other product on sale is the AppTag Laser Blaster ($59.99 -> $45.99) which is an augmented reality gun that you can clip your iPhone to.

- Belkin - Popular Mac and iOS accessory company. 30% off everything with coupon code "CYBER30". Until noon PST.

- Marware - 30% off sitewide with coupon code "CYBERMONDAY2012"

- Das Keyboard - Mechanical keyboard for the Mac. 20% off with coupon code "DASCHEER"

Macs

- MacMall, BestBuy and Amazon continue to have discounts in place across a broad range of Apple products. Our Black Friday 2012 comparison price chart has been updated to reflect the latest prices.

Others

- Best Buy: Dell UltraSharp 27" LCD Monitor - $999.99 -> $649.99
- Best Buy: iTunes Gift Card - $100 Card for $85
- Best Buy: Refurbished 2TB Time Capsule - $179 ($299 New)
- Mac App Store: Fantastical - $19.99 -> $9.99
- Software Bundles: MacUtility Bundle, MacLegion Bundle, iStack Mac Bundle 2.0.

Some of the vendors listed are affiliate partners with MacRumors and referred sales may benefit the site financially.

Article Link: Cyber Monday 2012: Zagg, Belkin, Hex3, BestBuy, Macs and More

Leonard1818

macrumors 68020
Nov 15, 2011
whoops, forgot about cyber monday and bought best skin ever yesterday. Coulda waited for Zagg...

ha ha where's the downvote when you need it.

charlieegan3

macrumors 68020
Feb 16, 2012
U.K
Some great deals in there, too bad I've got no money. #rMBP

Wish I could get that Belkin TB Express Dock, just can't justify the price.

mohsy90

macrumors 65816
Feb 4, 2011
New York
Worked for me just now. Ordered a car charger for the iPhone 5. I couldn't justify the price before, but with 30% off I was able to pull the trigger.

Lol, same here. I was about to bite the price on black friday after they basically offered no sales whatsoever. I'm glad I held off.

iPhone 5 Car Charger: $20.99 - Free Shipping

ArtOfWarfare

macrumors G3
Nov 26, 2007
$100 card for $85 becomes 77 songs for $85... It's still not as good a price as apple touted music-store wide for years.

As long as it's not app developers chipping in for the discount, I'm happy with it

Edit: Arn (or other MR staff) - the link to the 2012 comparison chart requests a login and goes to an address starting with front.macrumors.com... I don't normally pay attention to the URL so maybe that's normal but I get the idea it's a link to an admin control panel where one could modify the article if they had proper credentials.

dugbug

macrumors 68000
Aug 23, 2008
Somewhere in Florida
Worked for me just now. Ordered a car charger for the iPhone 5. I couldn't justify the price before, but with 30% off I was able to pull the trigger.

My problem with this charger, even with the discount, is you can just get a car charger with a usb port for a few dollars anywhere, and use a regular USB lighning cable. That way you can use your lighning cable with a computer as well. Not sure why belkin's is a one-piece car charger.

satcomer

Suspended
Feb 19, 2008
The Finger Lakes Region
I bought a pair of headphones from Amazon today and they have me a $2.00 credit for Amazon music downloads. This was not listed anywhere on the site today (that I could find). It was a great surprise. :D

bomikepa

macrumors member
Oct 23, 2012
Great deal on the Dell display. That's the same awesome panel used in the Thunderbolt display.

can anyone tell me why the apple cinema display looks so stunning? what exactly does it "have" that makes it look so nice!

i dont know a whole lot about monitors but i have always wanted a cinema display but as we all know it costs a lot of $$$ would this dell one be able to give the same viewing experience?

also i note that on the cinema display that its a little more vibrant, like the glass covering on it makes things look richer as opposed to a screen without a protective coating like some of the older 15 inch macbook pro without the anti glare display

pgiguere1

macrumors 68020
May 28, 2009
Montreal, Canada
can anyone tell me why the apple cinema display looks so stunning? what exactly does it "have" that makes it look so nice!

i dont know a whole lot about monitors but i have always wanted a cinema display but as we all know it costs a lot of $$$ would this dell one be able to give the same viewing experience?

also i note that on the cinema display that its a little more vibrant, like the glass covering on it makes things look richer as opposed to a screen without a protective coating like some of the older 15 inch macbook pro without the anti glare display

They're IPS displays, most monitors aren't IPS. Those cost a lot more and look better than regular (TN) displays. Yes, the glass on the TBD makes the colors appear more vibrant. The Dell one is matte though so you won't get that effect, but some people prefer matte displays because they find the reflection less distracting. It's a matter of preference.

Personally I would prefer a display with laminated glass, like on the new iMac. You get the best of both worlds (or almost). I hope they update the TBD soon to make it more like the new 27" iMac.

D.T.

macrumors G4
Sep 15, 2011
Vilano Beach, FL
Wish I could get that Belkin TB Express Dock, just can't justify the price.

If you could order now, with the 30% discount, it would be ~$280, that I'd very seriously consider, just not available.

I bought a pair of headphones from Amazon today and they have me a $2.00 credit for Amazon music downloads. This was not listed anywhere on the site today (that I could find). It was a great surprise. :D

I saw the other day Amazon presented me with an option for a movie/music credit for "regular" shipping vs. using Prime, interesting offer if you're not in a rush.

mohsy90

macrumors 65816
Feb 4, 2011
New York
My problem with this charger, even with the discount, is you can just get a car charger with a usb port for a few dollars anywhere, and use a regular USB lighning cable. That way you can use your lighning cable with a computer as well. Not sure why belkin's is a one-piece car charger.

True, but if you're someone like me thats constantly moves his phone, I hate it when the USB disconnects from the car charger. Plugging it back in is a pain in the ass in my car.

bomikepa

macrumors member
Oct 23, 2012
They're IPS displays, most monitors aren't IPS. Those cost a lot more. Yes, the glass on the TBD makes the colors appear more vibrant. The Dell one is matte though so you won't get that effect, but some people prefer matte displays. It's a matter of preference.

i bought a 23 inch LG IPS computer monitor last year from frys for like 200 or so, its a great monitor and i am happy with it but its no where near the quality of the cinema display?

so does the cinema display have some sort of processing chip in it or something?

D.T.

macrumors G4
Sep 15, 2011
Vilano Beach, FL
FYI, I just confirmed, the Das Keyboard in my Amazon cart is still $99.98, Prime eligible ... that's cheaper vs. direct with the coupon code :)

Just happen to be shopping keyboards over the last week, torn between a Das and a Matias.

Rocketman

macrumors 603
Piper Jafray today announced that their channel checks reveal same store Apple traffic up 31%. Pretty huge. They also note the low end iPad Mini is depleated at this time. While PJ is an analyst, it is pretty much the most respected Apple analyst and makes a market in AAPL stock.

Rocketman

BodyGuardz.

macrumors member
Sep 21, 2012
Midwest USA
BodyGuardz Cyber Monday Blackout: 50% Off EVERYTHING!

50% Off at bodyguardz.com

Pick up the Pure for half price! Sweet deal!

Yep, our Cyber Monday Blackout Sale is in full-swing! Here are the details:

The Biggest Event Of The Year
We've blacked-out our entire site and slashed all of our prices. No coupon codes needed, just straight savings. There is no better time to outfit all of your gadgets with BodyGuardz. And with our premium quality screen protectors, skins, cases, and earbuds, there's sure to be something for everyone on your list!

Stock is limited on many products, so be sure to jump on this sale quickly!

http://bodyguardz.com/blackout

Attachments

• blackout-sale-50-social-banner.jpg
    blackout-sale-50-social-banner.jpg
    42.9 KB · Views: 937
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.