Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

dannyboy42670

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 26, 2012
If i drag and dropped all my music from my iphone to a folder on my desktop called Music, then dragged that folder into the music section in finder, then dragged that folder into my itunes window, can i delete the music folder in finder or does all the itunes music get the files from that folder. I do not want duplicates of my music because that will take up space did the itunes make a copy of my music or did it take it from the Music folder that i made?:apple::apple::apple::apple::apple::apple:

Weaselboy

Staff member
Jan 23, 2005
California
Make sure you have this box checked in iTunes preferences and you will be fine. The actual music files will be copied into the iTunes library and you can delete the copy from the original folder.

You can actually skip that second step also. Just drag the files to the desktop folder then from the desktop straight into iTunes.

pZvW1.png

dannyboy42670

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 26, 2012
Make sure you have this box checked in iTunes preferences and you will be fine. The actual music files will be copied into the iTunes library and you can delete the copy from the original folder.

You can actually skip that second step also. Just drag the files to the desktop folder then from the desktop straight into iTunes.

pZvW1.png

Thank you so much i deleted the folder and itunes still has my music and i cut my music space from 52GB SSD on my to 26GB :) Much appreciated! :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.